Night Shift First Edition 1978 for sale

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
classicalsteve

Night Shift First Edition 1978 for sale

Post by classicalsteve »

I have a first edition/first printing of Night Shift by Stephen King, Doubleday 1978 for sale. King's first published short story collection, and his 4th published book.
$750 or best offer. (This is also listed on Ebay)
LW Currey is offering an equivalent copy for $950, and perfect copies appear to start at $1500+. My initial asking is 25% less than Currey, and 50% less than perfect copies.

States "First Edition" on copyright page (see pictures) Fine-/Near Fine++ in Near Fine price-clipped dustjacket. A beautiful copy with no major flaws save the price-clip. The book itself is very clean and solid, red boards under black cloth spine. Boards are very clean, letters printed on the spine are exceptionally vivid. For the most part, pages are very bright and clean. Barest hint of faded foxing on front and back paste downs, almost unnoticeable (and typical of most copies). Last page has just a little foxing near gutter. Minimal shelf-wear only at upper and lower spine. Bottom and top edges are surprisingly good shape with just a hint of darkening at lower edge. Corners straight. Dustjacket is just about as good as you could ask for, save the price-clip. NO major tears, very slight nicking to corners. Very slight age toning near the front right edge and the spine which is typical with these books from the 1970's. Overall a really bright and clean extremely presentable copy.
if interested, email me at classicalsteve@comcast.net. I have more pictures if you need them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.