Book value

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
roma6

Book value

Post by roma6 »

Hi all. I am new to this forum and I have a question. My sister gave me a "Talisman" book she found at a yard sale. The book is in pretty poor shape. Spine is broken. Pages are good with no writing on them. It has an inscription and signature. "For Pam --- Hope this scares yal but not quite to death! ). Stephen King 11/17/84

Dust jacket says $18.95 and I don't know how to grade them. I was wondering if it is worth anything? Thank you.
King Signature 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by roma6 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhanic

Re: Book value

Post by jhanic »

Too bad the book is in such poor condition, because, if the signature is authentic, it could be worth some money. If you can, please post a picture of the signature so we can tell if it's authentic or not. If it's not, the book is virtually worthless. If it is, the condition of the book makes a big difference.

John
roma6

Post by roma6 »

Sorry about all the white. I haven't figured out how to do it quite right yet. Anyway, that is on the very first page when you open the book. Thanks for the help.
roma6

Post by roma6 »

So does anyone know if it is authentic? I have more pics of the book if you need to see them. Thanks.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

Looks fake to me.