Different Seasons King Hardcover 1st/1st Superior Copy

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
classicalsteve

Different Seasons King Hardcover 1st/1st Superior Copy

Post by classicalsteve »

SOLD
The Best Copy of a First Printing of Different Seasons I have ever seen, and one of only four copies in the best condition available for sale on the net right now! For the consumate Stephen King collector where condition is all-important. The price is based on the fact that the book is very hard to find in this condition. This is not the book for you if you simply want a reading copy.

Different Seasons Four Novellas, containing "The Body", basis for the film "Stand By Me", "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption", "Breathing Lessons", "Apt Pupil". Three of the four were made into movies. by Stephen King (author of Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Stand, Night Shift, The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three, Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Green Mile, On Writing, etc) First Edition - First Printing Viking 1982. $16.95 original cover price. Blue cloth with the initials SK embossed on the front with black spine. Copyright 1982 with NO printing numbers on the copyright page, indicating that this is a true first printing of the trade edition. 0882 indicated on the lower part of the front dustjacket flap.

Fine in Fine Dustjacket. An absolutely superb copy of the original first printing, the best I have seen of the many copies I have run into during my 20-year span of collecting. The book appears to be UNREAD (most copies are very well-loved) almost NEW looking like it did when it first came out 27 years ago, with all the pages extremely white, clean, a new-looking text block with all page ends looking near new. Tiny bump to upper back board, else there are just about no flaws to the book itself. The Dustjacket is absolutely gorgeous, completely intact, bright and very clean with the original $16.95 cover price. The lettering on the front is just about the whitest I have ever seen for the first trade printing of this book. Just the tiniest amount of edgewear to the bottom, really almost unnoticeable, otherwise just about as perfect a dustjacket you could ask for.
$150 + shipping
I have read all of the descriptions of all the other copies available on the net right now (4/12/09), including Ebay and other book sites and, based on the descriptions of condition, I can find only three other copies that appear to be in equivalent condition or better condition than this one, with prices starting at $250 and as high as $400. Most of the other copies for sale have condition shortcomings. Priced to sell as my offering is $100 less than the least expensive copy being offered.
shipping and insurance will be $5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.