Deluxe Edition Knowing Darkness

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
TrueNorth

Deluxe Edition Knowing Darkness

Post by TrueNorth »

I believe there were only 13 sets produced in this Deluxe Roman Numeral Edition. This is number IV. It comes with an art portfolio that has 17" x 22" prints. Most are signed by the artists....wow. Pretty rare and cool. I was told it originally sold for $6995.

Included is the Dolso box that sold separately.

If you are interested I am open to offers. I would be happy to take a S/L Firestarter, Christine or ? on trade. I respond to PMs quickly and can send more photos. I do layaways.

TrueNorth

Re: Deluxe Edition Knowing Darkness

Post by TrueNorth »

Today I was emailed a link and see I was a little off on my numbers.

First, there were 25 Roman Numeral sets produced.
Next, when published the price was $5995 ($4995 if ordered before May, 2009) and was sold out. There are 30 signatures. You can read from the link, the estimate here for the 20 signed prints was $6000 alone.

Read down to the 22 page and you can read all about it.

http://www.stephenking.pl/stephen_king/ ... rkness.pdf
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I know I've said it before, this book has such incredible production value. It's such a shame that King wouldn't support this project & sign even the deluxe edition.
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

TheCollector wrote:I know I've said it before, this book has such incredible production value. It's such a shame that King wouldn't support this project & sign even the deluxe edition.
Those that haven't seen Knowing Darkness...it is an insane book, the Deluxe takes it to the next level. Here are a couple more prints. I started to take the book out of the case to show more prints and signatures...but decided just PM me you want pics or have an offer.

A couple more signed prints:

STEPHEN RODGERS

Post by STEPHEN RODGERS »

Lovely book ,thanks for showing as most here wont ever see one.
Somebody on this site has one that i know and i had the luck to see it but didnt dare to lift it.
Its a hell of a book but i dont have a shelf that would fit it ,it needs its own room .
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

TheCollector wrote:I know I've said it before, this book has such incredible production value. It's such a shame that King wouldn't support this project & sign even the deluxe edition.
I side with King on this one. This book has absolutely nothing to do with Stephen King. He is a writer, not an illustrator.
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
I side with King on this one. This book has absolutely nothing to do with Stephen King. He is a writer, not an illustrator.
Rabbit Trick....I think it has tons to do with King. Imagine how his book sales would have went without cover art. He spent most of his career working with these guys.

Anyway you bring up a good point and made me ask... what has he signed that wasn't the written word.

I have this art portfolio. Are there other portfolios he signed or was this a one of?

jhanic

Post by jhanic »

He did sign The Rainy Season broadside. (And maybe the Letters from Hell?)

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

jhanic wrote:He did sign The Rainy Season broadside. (And maybe the Letters from Hell?)

John
...these two are King's writing.