'Salem's Lot FIRST EDITION (2nd State) for Sale!

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
OneFathom

'Salem's Lot FIRST EDITION (2nd State) for Sale!

Post by OneFathom »

Ebay Items: Gunslinger 1st/1st, Gunslinger 2nd, Bachman Books and more!

*'Salem's Lot & The Stand (Both 1st/1st...SL is 2nd State/Father Cody/7.95): $850...http://ebay.to/1uOz3AL

*The Gunslinger S/L Audio Tapes (#317/800): $85...http://ebay.to/1xaDxQc

*The Gunslinger 2nd Edition by Grant FINE: $275...http://ebay.to/ZygdRs

*The Bachman Books 1st Edition/2nd Printing: $65...http://ebay.to/1rRjp5u

If you don't "do" ebay, I also accept PayPal. Thanks for looking!
Last edited by OneFathom on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLangoleer

Re: 'Salem's Lot FIRST EDITION (2nd State) for Sale!

Post by TheLangoleer »

I think your prices are a bit on the high side for what you have
OneFathom

Post by OneFathom »

Thanks for the feedback. Would you care to make suggestions as to how I should revise my listings?

From what I've been able to glean from selling books on ebay for the last 18 months, I think my prices are fairly standard. However, if you're willing to offer any practical feedback, I'm all ears.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

The prices on ebay should be as the "completed" auctions and not the "for sale" ones.

There are hundreds of King books on ebay at prices that will never ever sell.
OneFathom

Post by OneFathom »

You must be mistaking me with someone who doesn't use ebay that often, haha. Since I've sold copies of most of these books before, I'm more than comfortable listing them at these prices. That being said, if someone can give me some legitimate reasons as to why these prices are unreasonable, I'd love to hear it.

So let's ditch the backseat drivers and engage in an actual, useful, conversation.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

If they sell, they were priced correctly. If they don't sell, they were priced too high.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I think the 2nd printing Gunslinger is a bit too high. I've seen these sell for around $175-225 recently.
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

I love buying books. I love when they arrive and opening the box and looking over my latest purchase. I like seeing them on the shelf and taking them down to enjoy them.....whenever I feel I want to.

I hate selling, not because I am emotionally attached to them but because there are so many variables, condition and market timing are two biggies.

There are also so many places to figure out an asking price. The Collector, Abe's, Bett's, Biblio, Dark Tower, Very Fine Books and of course Ebay....to mention a few. Prices can vary by so much it's hard to know what is fair market.

I think adding a OBO to the listing and see what comes in.