A Selection of King Collectibles Available!

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Ian Cat

A Selection of King Collectibles Available!

Post by Ian Cat »

Hi all, I'm from Collectible Cat, an free online Catalog of rare/first edition/specialty press collectible books. We're completely crowd sourced and looking to expand our network of collections, and I wanted to let you know that we have a number of Stephen King listings. A First Edition Carrie (one of the 'P6' editions), 'Moth' and Blanket (written whilst as an undergraduate) and a few more.

Best,
Ian @ Collectiblecat.com
Online Catalog of Collectible Books
jhanic

Re: A Selection of King Collectibles Available!

Post by jhanic »

Do you have a web site? Link?

John
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Not to sound mean, but the Collectible Cat website being mentioned above is just a link to Abe Books. Not unless I'm missing something, not sure the good of the website.

Mulleins
RIC

Post by RIC »

mulleins wrote:Not to sound mean, but the Collectible Cat website being mentioned above is just a link to Abe Books. Not unless I'm missing something, not sure the good of the website.

Mulleins

Appear the same way to me to..
Ian Cat

Post by Ian Cat »

Thanks for your feedback, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "just a link" to Abebooks. The website is a completely open catalog, a crowd-sourced bibliography of sorts, editable by anyone, where you can add books to your collection, discuss them, and share your interest in those books with other collectors. Maybe the design needs to be improved to highlight that? The API to Abebooks on the right panel shows a few copies for sale, but I view that as useful and complementary.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ian Cat wrote:Thanks for your feedback, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "just a link" to Abebooks. The website is a completely open catalog, a crowd-sourced bibliography of sorts, editable by anyone, where you can add books to your collection, discuss them, and share your interest in those books with other collectors. Maybe the design needs to be improved to highlight that? The API to Abebooks on the right panel shows a few copies for sale, but I view that as useful and complementary.
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing the link. I think the folks here were thinking this was a new source of bookstores. What I got from the site is that it's sort of a way to catalog your books online rather than a bookstore per se. Is that right?

I didn't see a forum for discussion, although I didn't create an account so maybe there's a feature that's unlocked later?