WTB: It ARC

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
MitchJohn

WTB: It ARC

Post by MitchJohn »

I see one with some damage on Ebay for about 2k. Anyone else have one they want to move? Is 2k the going rate? Thanks!
sgc1999

Re: WTB: It ARC

Post by sgc1999 »

I have a fine IT arc i could let go for $2k. There was only 10 printed from what i have heard so they are very hard to come by. Its one of my favorite books in my collection.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Are you referring to the US Viking proof of IT? Or the UK proof? If the US, are you sure there are only 10 or so of them?
sgc1999

Post by sgc1999 »

It is the US viking proof. I believe there is only 10. That is what i am told. And as you know some of them have been read and or damaged. If you find out otherwise on the number i would love to know.
Thanks,
Simon
MitchJohn

Post by MitchJohn »

sgc1999 wrote:It is the US viking proof. I believe there is only 10. That is what i am told. And as you know some of them have been read and or damaged. If you find out otherwise on the number i would love to know.
Thanks,
Simon
Yeah, I'd love some info about the price and rarity of these arcs. 2k sounds crazy, but if it's that rare...
ur2ndbiggestfan

Well, mine is as about as mint as IT can get. If there are only 9 more out there, I'd be surprised. Why would Viking only do 10 proofs? That doesn't make much sense from a publishing/early review standpoint. Unless they had trouble at the printer and only 10 were made before the press broke down. Pure speculation, of course.
MitchJohn

Post by MitchJohn »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Well, mine is as about as mint as IT can get. If there are only 9 more out there, I'd be surprised. Why would Viking only do 10 proofs? That doesn't make much sense from a publishing/early review standpoint. Unless they had trouble at the printer and only 10 were made before the press broke down. Pure speculation, of course.
How much are IT proofs worth?
ur2ndbiggestfan

I honestly don't know. Hopefully, jhannic or mr. rabbit trick can answer that question for us.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I'm not sure how many of the Viking It proofs were done, but I'm sure it was more than 10. You may have confused that with the proof of the Cemetery Dance proof of the 25th Anniversary edition of It. There were fewer than 12 of those. I paid $215 for my US proof in mint condition a while ago. That one on eBay has been there for at least a year. Just be patient and another, much cheaper, will show up.

John
MitchJohn

Post by MitchJohn »

jhanic wrote:I'm not sure how many of the Viking It proofs were done, but I'm sure it was more than 10. You may have confused that with the proof of the Cemetery Dance proof of the 25th Anniversary edition of It. There were fewer than 12 of those. I paid $215 for my US proof in mint condition a while ago. That one on eBay has been there for at least a year. Just be patient and another, much cheaper, will show up.

John
Thanks for the info. 2k did seem a bit steep. I'll keep an eye out, but please, if anyone has one to move or knows where to look, let me know. Thanks.