Harry potter

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
TheLangoleer

Harry potter

Post by TheLangoleer »

I don't know if many of you are Harry potter collectors but i grew up with it. I just won a first edition first printing of Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone on eBay which completes my 1st/1st collection of the American editions - plus I have the deluxe tales of beedle the bard to boot. Awesome day - does anyone else share a similar interest?
jhanic

Re: Harry potter

Post by jhanic »

I really enjoy the Harry Potter books and have all the US and UK editions, though not firsts. I also even have a couple of the UK "adult" editions.

I'd love to have all the firsts, but I just can't afford them.

John
TheLangoleer

Post by TheLangoleer »

Ha tell me about it - I think the prices will start to fall a little but they are going to skyrocket when she releases her new book this year,
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I enjoyed the books myself, although I never collected the 1st editions.

I did give some thought to picking up the Hunger games 1st/1st before the mania hit, but since I didn't have an awesome site like this to reference that I was getting a true 1st/1st (insert inflated ego head here :o ) I skipped out.
TheLangoleer

Post by TheLangoleer »

It's interesting you say that Tomas - I have a first first of catching fire and mockingjay. A first first of catching fire just sold for 320 on eBay yesterday. Hunger games can go from 150-500. I don't think it has really stabilized yet.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

TheLangoleer wrote:It's interesting you say that Tomas - I have a first first of catching fire and mockingjay. A first first of catching fire just sold for 320 on eBay yesterday. Hunger games can go from 150-500. I don't think it has really stabilized yet.
Shouldn't the Hunger Games sell for more then catching Fire? Typically the older the book the more valuable. My guess would be the 1st edition print run of Hunger Games should be smaller then the later books as they didn't know how successful it would be...do you have any info on that aspect of it?
TheLangoleer

Post by TheLangoleer »

you would think right? But I think the mania is making people pay some premium prices right now - Mockingjay doesn't seem to be selling for a whole lot right now (the third book) which we all know why (huge print numbers). Apparently from what I can find the Hunger Games had a first print run of nearly 200,000 copies! I don't know why people think this book is so "rare." I can't find any info on the last two - but I assume the higher prices for the second book are due to the lack of their appearance on eBay. There was only the one listed the other day and it sold. Today I checked and there was only one listed at a starting bid of 400 bucks! As for the first book there were a few priced around 500-1,200 bucks with a whole set of first/first going for 660 with 29 bids and nearly a day and a half left.

In other news i was able to acquire an ARC for - The Help, that book is skyrocketing in value and I got it for about 95 bucks.
joeblasko128

Post by joeblasko128 »

I have the US First Editions as well as the UK child cover editions (no firsts, :cry: . I do have the first editions of all of the Hunger Games books as well as the Beedle the Bard Collector's edition you mentioned. The Beedle is a really cool item, looks great on the shelf.

I don't know why I ever check on how much they are worth, I would need a new organ before I sold any of my books.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I totally agree with you on the Collector's Edition of Beedle the Bard. A magnificent production!

John