Any Joe Lansdale fans?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
surly

Any Joe Lansdale fans?

Post by surly »

I need to make room on the shelves, so I'm trying to thin the herd a little bit.

I have a couple signed editions of Joe Lansdale titles and there might even be a signed Koontz. Send me a note if you're interestd and we'll work something out.
Nickelwise

Re: Any Joe Lansdale fans?

Post by Nickelwise »

New guy here and a big Lansdale fan, I've only been collecting for less than a year, mainly King, but also Lansdale, Robert Bloch, David Schow, Joe Hill and I'm really big on anthologies, here's what I have of Lansdale's so far:

Bumper Crop TPB Golden Gryphon Press 2004
Leather Maiden TPB Vintage Crime/Black Lizard 2008
Mucho Mojo ARC Mysterious Press 1994 Signed
Mucho Mojo HB Mysterious Press 2004 Signed First Edition (Thrift Store Find cost me $3)
Rumble Tumble TPB Mysterious Press 1998 ARC
The Drive In PB Bantam Spectra 1988 Signed, First Bantam Edition, 8/1988
The Drive In HB Kinnell 1989 Signed, First Edition, UK Press
The Drive In 2 HB Kinnell 1989 First UK Hardcover Edition
Trapped In The Saturday Matinee HB PS Publishing 2012 Signed, limited to 200 copies
The Horror Hall Of Fame: The Stoker Winners HB Cemetery Dance 2012 Signed, Limited to 550 Copies (Editor)
Bubba Ho-Tep HB Night Shade Books 1994 Signed by Lansdale, First Trade Edition, Story by Lansdale, Screenplay by Don Coscarelli, 2003 release
Dark At Heart HB Dark Harvest 1992 Signed by Joe R. Lansdale, Karen Lansdale, F. Paul Wilson, Bill Crider and William F. Nolan (Editor along with Karen Lansdale)

I've also got quite a few Anthologies he's featured in, a few of them signed.
deener555

Post by deener555 »

I've been reading & collecting Joe's books since the early 1980's, and read everything he publishes. I highly recommend his Hap & Leonard series books (11 novels / novellas to date). The Drive-In series is also a great starting point for anyone who loves strange fiction. His writing is definitely not for the squeamish (not something I would pass along to my mother to read).
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

deener555 wrote:I've been reading & collecting Joe's books since the early 1980's, and read everything he publishes. I highly recommend his Hap & Leonard series books (11 novels / novellas to date). The Drive-In series is also a great starting point for anyone who loves strange fiction. His writing is definitely not for the squeamish (not something I would pass along to my mother to read).
Hmm, I have been looking at trying something new, my "to read" list is just about depleted. Maybe I'll try the Drive-In series you mentioned.
deener555

Post by deener555 »

To the best of my knowledge, here's Joe's shortest story to date (5 words), but a good one, via facebook. A nice quick read also. (I apologize if I'm violating any copyright /reprint rights.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.