Showcase your non-SK collectibles!

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
biomieg

Showcase your non-SK collectibles!

Post by biomieg »

As we all know, us collectors love to see books! So, why not create a thread in which we can showcase our non-SK book collections and/or most prized collectibles? Please do so here; I also created a Stephen King collections thread in the appropriate subforum (click: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=356).

As for me, I'm only just beginning to collect my other favorite authors in hardcover 1sts, so I don't have anything to show yet, but I'm sure many of you have impressive collections of other authors.... so please share! :D This thread was inspired by ur2ndbiggestfan's amazing Jack Vance collection posted over in another thread.
biomieg

Re: Showcase your non-SK collectibles!

Post by biomieg »

Okay, just to trigger you guys a bit ;) here's my very modest but evolving collection of Michael Crichton US 1st/1sts:

Left to right: The Andromeda Strain, The Terminal Man, The Great Train Robbery, Electronic Life, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Airframe, Timeline.
In front: proof, ARC, and trade HC of Sphere.
Last edited by biomieg on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Very nice! I will post some pics soon, never fear, I'm trying out a different camera because I am dissatisfied with the quality of my pictures. I loved THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN and THE TERMINAL MAN but the only 1st I have is the US paperback edition of TTM! I also liked the movie he directed, THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

Always looking forward to your pics :) I've always loved Michael Crichton's books and a couple of months ago I decided I should start getting his work in hardcovers. And as long as you're not going for S/Ls (there are a couple of those) or his pseudonyms (John Lange, among others), Michael Crichton is an easy author to collect. There are only 19 books, plus proofs/ARCs if one is so inclined. And they're not that expensive either. I paid $69 for The Andromeda Strain and $55 for the Sphere proof, but the other books were all in the $7.50 - $15 range.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Here are my Robert Bloch books including Thomas Harris, who is also quite easy to collect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

This is one of my more favorite non-King items:

A proof of the US Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

End of Clarke, all Eisenstein, beginning of Ellison. I finally figured out how to take clearer pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

More Ellison
ur2ndbiggestfan

Philip Jose Farmer
ur2ndbiggestfan

Richard Matheson's BLOOD LINES in traycases for lettered and numbered states.