Anyone know if King used a black pen in the Sarasota signing

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
TheCollector
Site Admin

Anyone know if King used a black pen in the Sarasota signing

Post by TheCollector »

A fellow collector here picked up a copy of 11/22/63 that is supposed to be from the Sarasota signing. While the seller provided some copies of photos from the event, he did not provide a receipt.

In addition the signature is in Black ink. I wasn't at that signing but based on photos I've seen it seems like King was signing with a blue pen....Maybe the pen ran out later but I'm curious if anyone has a copy with black ink from that night? Or saw King use a black pen that night?
thegunslinger41

Re: Anyone know if King used a black pen in the Sarasota signing

Post by thegunslinger41 »

Yeah, we need to get to the bottom of this!!! Hate frauds! Anyhooo...I sure wish I could meet Mr. Stephen King. I already told my wife to be prepared to camp out. You know if Stephen would sign one of his older books for me if I was at a book signing for one of his new books? I've always wondered.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Usually King only signs the new books at the book signings. Every once in a while, he does sign older books, but it's unusual.

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

John, do you know if on the rare occasions he signs an older book, it is n addition to the new one? Or doeshe usually just sign one book only?

Going to a King signing is on my bucket list.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

As far as I know, at the occasions in which he signs anything, he'll limit the number of books to one.

John
DerSchwede

Post by DerSchwede »

TheCollector wrote: In addition the signature is in Black ink. I wasn't at that signing but based on photos I've seen it seems like King was signing with a blue pen....Maybe the pen ran out later but I'm curious if anyone has a copy with black ink from that night? Or saw King use a black pen that night?

Hi,
to go back to the original question, my sarasota copy is also signed in black.

BR
survivormom44

Post by survivormom44 »

All,
I was able to go to the Atlanta signing and I can tell you that he signed in black ink at that signing. I encourage anyone who can go to one to do so. It was an amazing adventure for me. I had been suffering from Breast cancer so they gave me a seat close to the signing and even though you were not allowed to do personalization, he did one for me and gave me a hug!!!! it was the best moment of my life aside from from children being born.
spooner9ball

Post by spooner9ball »

survivormom44 wrote:All,
I was able to go to the Atlanta signing and I can tell you that he signed in black ink at that signing. I encourage anyone who can go to one to do so. It was an amazing adventure for me. I had been suffering from Breast cancer so they gave me a seat close to the signing and even though you were not allowed to do personalization, he did one for me and gave me a hug!!!! it was the best moment of my life aside from from children being born.

That is a wonderful story. Good for him, and congrats on your recovery!!