please help me find a specific book !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
wfmthree

please help me find a specific book !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by wfmthree »

I have been trying for a long while to find a copy of Pet Sematary described by my attachment:

Pet Sematary (Doubleday 0-385-18244-9, Oct ’93 [Sep ’93], $25.00, 373pp, hc, cover by Thomas Holdorf) Reissue (Doubleday 1983) horror novel; 14th printing. This edition has some pages redesigned.

The dust cover artwork is by Thomas Holdorf and is the same general style as the 1993 Doubleday reissues of Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Stand and Night Shift. Stephen King is in red kind of block letters above the title in white cursive. The backgrounds are gray/brown/black swirly clouds with a faint outline at the top of the general topic of the book. In this case, of course, a faint picture of a cat.

I collect Stephen King full size, hardcovers with different dust jackets and this one has me puzzled. I now have 7 copies of the original 1983 edition as they have the same ISBN and many sites show the 1993 dust jacket but ship the 1983.

I have begun to wonder if this book even exists. I have found it identified on a variety of web site bibliographies, but my just purchased copy of "Stephen King: A Primary Biography of the World's Most Popular Author" by Justin Brooks does not list it.

I am very tired of seeing a listing, getting excited and receiving yet another copy of the original 1983 book. I have been unpleasantly surprised at how few on line book sellers will return even the most simple email questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (how about i'll express my appreciation with a case or 2 of 1983 editions).

Rusty Martin Cincinnati, Oh
jhanic

Re: please help me find a specific book !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jhanic »

Try these:

http://www.biblio.com/details.php?dcx=4 ... aid=aa&t=1

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... a&para_l=0

And there are others. Here's the search I did. Be sure to email the sellers to verify the covers.

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submit ... store=ZVAB

John
otis

Post by otis »

What makes it difficult is there's always plenty listed with this cover on all of the sites but none of them actually are that edition. Amazon stocks the other five in the series but not pet sematary. I emailed amazon directly and got a generic check back for availability message. If any one knows where one can be purchased, or even knows that it exists please let me know.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Have you tried Betts Books? David Williamson's email is:

david@bettsbooks.com.

He's also working a second job, so he may delay in getting back to you. Don't take it personally!

John
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

wfmthree wrote:I have been trying for a long while to find a copy of Pet Sematary described by my attachment:

Pet Sematary (Doubleday 0-385-18244-9, Oct ’93 [Sep ’93], $25.00, 373pp, hc, cover by Thomas Holdorf) Reissue (Doubleday 1983) horror novel; 14th printing. This edition has some pages redesigned.

The dust cover artwork is by Thomas Holdorf and is the same general style as the 1993 Doubleday reissues of Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Stand and Night Shift. Stephen King is in red kind of block letters above the title in white cursive. The backgrounds are gray/brown/black swirly clouds with a faint outline at the top of the general topic of the book. In this case, of course, a faint picture of a cat.

I collect Stephen King full size, hardcovers with different dust jackets and this one has me puzzled. I now have 7 copies of the original 1983 edition as they have the same ISBN and many sites show the 1993 dust jacket but ship the 1983.

I have begun to wonder if this book even exists. I have found it identified on a variety of web site bibliographies, but my just purchased copy of "Stephen King: A Primary Biography of the World's Most Popular Author" by Justin Brooks does not list it.

I am very tired of seeing a listing, getting excited and receiving yet another copy of the original 1983 book. I have been unpleasantly surprised at how few on line book sellers will return even the most simple email questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (how about i'll express my appreciation with a case or 2 of 1983 editions).

Rusty Martin Cincinnati, Oh

Rusty,

The book does exists - see pics here http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/sho ... post565628
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I'll 2nd John on this and suggest you email David at Betts, he can keep an eye out for the book even if he doesn't have it now.

Emmanuel at Veryfinebooks will do the same for you.
otis

Post by otis »

Thanks so much for the quick replies. I guess that photo proves it's existence.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

The copy linked to above was actually sold by David @ Betts (to a Dutch collector friend of mine).
otis

Post by otis »

Any idea what they paid for it? I'm just looking for a ballpark to see if it's worth trying to hunt down.

Thanks
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

My friend paid $10 or $15 for it (excl. shipping of course).