I need some help, PLEASE????

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
David

I need some help, PLEASE????

Post by David »

Hi, my name is David and I am looking for and have for some time now. I have a copy of "Carrie" That was given to me as a gift in the late 1980's. This copy is paperback, white back ground with black lettering, on cover is printed not for resale,date on book is 1974,there is something at the bottom of one of the pages, not sure what page number it is. I think this book was sent out maybe for puplisers to buy the rights, or to see what price he could get for rights. Now I see a new coffed table book out on Stephen King and his carrer so far. It has pictures of him, his movies, and the books he has written. At the beginning of this new book there is a picture of this book I have.
I guess what I am looking for is more info on the book and how much would it be worth if I choose to sell or if I want to insure it. So PLEASE IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME IN ANY WAY, LET ME KNOW ASAP.
Thank you, David
needfulthings

Re: I need some help, PLEASE????

Post by needfulthings »

David Dose this book have a # in the lower left hand corner of page 199 & if so what is it?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

David, what you have is an Advance Reader's Copy (ARC). The number you refer to will be O50.

It is worth between $500 to $1000 depending on condition. One sold on ebay 2 weeks ago for $680.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

If the front cover of your book looks like this:

you do have an advance readers copy of Carrie. As Mr.RT said, they range, depending on condition, between $500 and $1000. If it's pretty beat up, it could go for even less.

John