The Cannibals

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
timewarp

The Cannibals

Post by timewarp »

Hey, anyone who wants to can download the first 120 pages of the original manuscript of the Cannibals, which King rewrote as Under the Dome 25 years later! Just go to StephenKing.com -> Library -> Comprehensive List -> The Cannibals.

Enjoy!

-E
Royalecheese

Re: The Cannibals

Post by Royalecheese »

First, let me say a long overdue thanks for posting this. I don't check his site enough to follow it. Second, I was just browsing throgh the page and finally read what I guess you could call the "Intro" page to The Cannibals. King signs off like this:

==========

"For the doubters, this excerpt should demonstrate that I was thinking dome and isolation long before Homer, Marge, and their amusing brood came on the scene.

I hope you enjoy this. As always, Ms. Mod and I welcome your comments.

Steve King"

===========

Has he ever mentioned himself as "Steve"? I just found it odd that it is always Stephen in signings and on book covers, and there was even a copy goof (can't remember the book now) where King is called Steve and it was later changed (am I remembering that right?), but I've never heard him call himself that.
jhanic

Re: The Cannibals

Post by jhanic »

He has often signed his books to his personal friends as "Steve". The proof you're thinking of is the first state of the proof of Desperation, in which the copyright page has him as "Steven King".

John