dust jacket artwork

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
wfmthree

dust jacket artwork

Post by wfmthree »

i collect SK hardcover books with different dust jackets. the problem i have is finding
a picture of the dust jackets of less common ISBN's. so far, i have only found
ebay and Abebooks useful in providing "bookseller photos." King's website has the
book cover gallery but it is not complete and doesn't tell which covers were issued
with which book.

any ideas or help with a source of photos would be appreciated.

thanks, Rusty
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: dust jacket artwork

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

wfmthree

Post by wfmthree »

hello mr. trick, thanks for your time but i know that site. it is not complete and it doesn't
identify what ISBN #'s go with its various dust cover pictures. i've learned that
the Signet editions are all paperback, but all the rest are a guess.

again, thanks,
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ah that's going to be difficult, the problem being that most people collect books based on their value. Even if the artwork is great a $5.99 paperback - which finds itself in a $2 used book pile just doesn't get that much attention.

Not to say it's any less good of a book, SK himself has said time and time again that the words are all the same on a $1 book as a $1,000 book (and he's right) but it's just not covered very well in the collecting community.

I would say do a google.com and bing.com image search for the titles and if you see a cover click it and maybe the referencing site will have more info.