Signature opinion

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
surly

Signature opinion

Post by surly »

sig.jpg
I hope I uploaded it correctly; anyone willing to offer an opinion on whether or not this appears to be authentic.
It's not dated, but it's described as an early signature.

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Re: Signature opinion

Post by jhanic »

I am very hesitant to give an opinion because I would like the context--is it a signature on a flyleaf of a book or what, and, if it is a book, which book?

John
surly

Post by surly »

I'm working on getting more but this is the only pic I have at the moment. I don't have the book yet but it's on I'm interested in.
It's listed as an early signature in a first edition of Carrie. I've asked for more details or provenence on where it came from.
I usually avoid signatures that aren't in a limited but the seller does appear to have a good track record with King items (Shibus on ebay).
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

For what it's worth, here's the signature on my 1st edition of CARRIE. They look the same to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

One more shot.
surly

Post by surly »

There does appear to be a lot of slimilar points so it does raise my confidence level a bit.

Thanks for sharing -- nice copy by the way.