King's Paperbacks

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
RIC

King's Paperbacks

Post by RIC »

I have been a collector of King’s books since early eighties. I first collected paperbacks, then later hard covers, and now just about everything. I still love the paperbacks, especially crisp covers with no reader creasing. My question, is there an authority on paperbacks? For example, I have always thought the 16th printing of Carrie was the first movie-tie in. I have seen a 14th printing recently on ebay. So, does anyone know if this area of collecting have been researched and documented? Are there others in this forum into collect paperbacks. RIC
jhanic

Re: King's Paperbacks

Post by jhanic »

I've never done any research on King's paperbacks, other than trying to identify true collectible ones, such as a first printing of Firestarter with the full numberline, or the Richard Bachman ones. I don't know of any sources, either.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: King's Paperbacks

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Ric,

I'm sure there are folks out there that collect paperbacks, unfortunatly (asside from some exceptions like the bachman paperbacks) most are not worth more then a couple dollars. As such less people devote their time to gathering info on them.... I'm not aware of any person and/or site that would be an authority specifically on SK paperbacks.

But.. plenty of people on the forums maybe someone can suggest such a person. Good Luck!