Bag of Bones - How many signed?

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Bounce0320

Bag of Bones - How many signed?

Post by Bounce0320 »

Does anyone have information on how many copies of Bag of Bones SK may have signed? I assume that he stopped in several cities when the signings were held for the book release. I was living in Seattle and he did an appearance/reading/book signing at a downtown church by the University of Washington. I kept all of the pertinent papers (ie; receipt, newpaper listing of the event, seating/signing info papers). The information stated that only 300 people in special 'signing sections' would get their book signed, but I recall waiting 3+ hours to get mine signed as I was not one of those 1st 300 people (Mr. King kindly signed the books of everyone who attended that evening).

So, is there a list of cities where he stopped for signings and promoted the book? Guess it would be hard to estimate the number of signed copies if he was signing more than the 'allocated number' at each of the events... I was just curious.
jhanic

Re: Bag of Bones - How many signed?

Post by jhanic »

I know this doesn't answer your exact question, bounce, but the only Bag of Bones books that are "officially" (as in a signed bookplate or inscription) issued are:

Bag of Bones US Advance Reading Copy individually inscribed to various independent booksellers - 100 copies
Bag of Bones UK edition signed via a numbered bookplate - 2000.

I'm sure there are others signed out there via his booksigning tours, but I don't know if anyone kept records of how many of those were done.

John
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

Ms. Mod at the SKMB may be able to tell you how many signings were done, and help with numbers.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

thank you both for your input..much appreciated =)

Anet