Carrie book club edition

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
HORROR24

Carrie book club edition

Post by HORROR24 »

There's a carrie book i want to purchase. The description says its a first edition book club. How do I know for sure if its really a fist edition boo club. Also whats the difference between book club first edition and regular first addition
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Carrie book club edition

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I'm no expert on Book Club editions, but I don't think you can tell if it is a "1st Edition" book club book. They do not have numberlines that I know of.

I think the Carrie book club editions are larger than the original Doubleday ones.
Labyrinth

Post by Labyrinth »

Would you know an estimated value on a BCE Carrie?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I would say, if it's in fine condition, about $10-25. If it shows any signs of wear, it's only a reading copy and worth at most $5.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:18 pm I'm no expert on Book Club editions, but I don't think you can tell if it is a "1st Edition" book club book. They do not have numberlines that I know of.

I think the Carrie book club editions are larger than the original Doubleday ones.
I think there might be two different sizes of BC editions, (the way Salem's Lot has two sizes). If I'm remembering that correctly, then getting the smaller form factor would be more desirable.