The Stand 9.5 trim

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
meowtorhead

The Stand 9.5 trim

Post by meowtorhead »

Hello,

This past winter my wife and I started collecting Stephen King hardcovers. All of the titles we have are 9.5 inches tall, except for a BCE of The Stand, which is 8.5 inches tall. I also noticed that the text on the spine is a little smaller than other versions I've seen on the internet.
My question is, is there a version of The Stand with the original dust jacket artwork in a 9.5 inch tall trim? Or am I searching for something that doesn't exist? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
allasorte

Re: The Stand 9.5 trim

Post by allasorte »

The Stand is shorter then most his books as a true first. I never look up or know the dimensions of any of his books, or any books for that matter. I simply look at the jacket, copyright page, and possible print codes if present. The size of his books varies, especially with Cemetery Dance as many of their larger books are pretty tall.
jhanic

Re: The Stand 9.5 trim

Post by jhanic »

It's also possible that a later printing of the original Stand may be in the 9.5 range. I know some of the later Doubleday books were reprinted in the larger size. I just don't know if The Stand was one of them. (Actually, I kind of doubt it, though.)

John