1st proof edition questions

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
amd013

1st proof edition questions

Post by amd013 »

Hi,

I received a 1st proof copy of Full Dark No Stars from Cemetery Dance. Is this worth anything? It is simply a stack a 8x11 pages, unbound, with the words 1st proof on every page as well as some other markings (for page orientation??).

How does someone prove its legitimate, as it seems it could be counterfeited pretty easily (maybe their is something special about the paper I haven't noticed).

How do 1st proof's differ from Uncorrected proof (also have an Uncorrected advanced proof of The Dark Man, also from Cemetery Dance, I see someone else is selling theirs on ebay for $100).

Thanks,
Mike
racerx45

Re: 1st proof edition questions

Post by racerx45 »

Hi Mike,
The short answer is they are both proofs but just different types of proof. The Full Dark No Stars you are describing is what is commonly call an unbound proof and is usually for internal office use. The Dark Man you describe is an uncorrected proof or sometimes called and advance reading copy and is sent out early for review. As for how to prove it is legit I would say just keep all the pare work show when you received it from Cemetery Dance. Other than that maybe Brian can tell us more.
Hope that helps,
Steve

BTW if you have photos please post them, if you can.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

As you say, the Full Dark No Stars from Cemetery Dance is simply a stack a 8x11 pages. They, or anyone else, can print off as many copies as they like.
amd013

Post by amd013 »

ok, I was trying to upload pictures, but having too many issues (see thread in technical issues thread). I give up now. Wasted over a half hour on this (more if you count trying to get the pictures under 250K file size)

Thanks,
Mike
amd013

Post by amd013 »

Ok, I am still having intermittant problems. Sometimes I can add a file, and sometimes I cant. I will have to add just one picture per post to avoid pushing my luck.

Here is a picture of the cover page.

Thanks,
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amd013

Post by amd013 »

Sorry that the last picture appears so large and grainy. Here is the copyright page.

Thanks,
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amd013

Post by amd013 »

Here is the receipt.

They seem to indicate it is a $500.00 value.

Thanks,
Mike
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The unbound proof of CD's Full Dark, No Stars has been going in the $200-250 range. I paid just a touch over $200 for mine. (Mine also says "1st proof" on it.)

John