The Stand

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
onealone4

The Stand

Post by onealone4 »

The Stand: copyright page has First time complete & uncut deluxe limited first edition, there is no price on dust jacket though. My question is does there have to be a price on DJ before it is considered a "good" edition?
jhanic

Re: The Stand

Post by jhanic »

onealone4 wrote:The Stand: copyright page has First time complete & uncut deluxe limited first edition, there is no price on dust jacket though. My question is does there have to be a price on DJ before it is considered a "good" edition?
Yes. If it doesn't have a price on the dust jacket, it's probably a book club edition, which, to a collector, is virtually worthless except as a reading copy.

(By the way, check out the true Stand limited edition page under the US Limiteds tab above. The limited was never issued with a dust jacket, but has a magnificent wooden box. It's the "holy grail" of most SK collectors.)

John
Markallipup

Post by Markallipup »

Gutter code T39 with dust cover and price Signed 1979 e-mail me markpupilla@gmail.com
Thanks
millertek

Post by millertek »

Look at the section on this website under 1st EDITIONS for values. The Stand and The Stand Complete and Uncut have different pricing and points for first editions.