Carrie

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
SLonsdale

Carrie

Post by SLonsdale »

I am not a SK collector but have in my possession a copy of Carrie.
I would like to sell it but have no idea what I should realistically ask for it.
Could you guys please take a look at it and give me a rough guide as to where I should pitch it.

It is a New English Library edition and inside the first page it says:

Copyright 1974 by Stephen King
First published in the United States by Doubleday & Co. Inc. 1974
First NEL Hardcover edition 1974

The book is entire but shows some signs of wear on the spine ends. It has a library stamp and a persons name written in biro on the first page. The spine is pulling a little at the front.

I have searched the internet but it seems that this copy is few and far between. The only one I can find is here in the UK and here is a link to it: Carrie

Here are some images for you to view and thank you for your time 8-)

racerx45

Re: Carrie

Post by racerx45 »

I am not up to date on UK book values but I would think some of the same rules apply for coming up with value as the US books. The condition on your book is not very good and being an ex-library book is another negative. The Abe books listing I am guessing is a high price for that book. I say that because most of the book listed on that site have a higher than market price, not all but most. I looked at completed eBay auction and there was a nice copy that did not sell at GBP 1,250. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Ca ... 7675.l2557
I would say put it on eBay and see what the market will decide the value is.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

This copy is a "permabound" edition. ie the DJ is imprinted on the book. It cannot be compared to the proper copies with removable dust jackets.

Also this copy is an ex-library in terrible condition. It has nothing going for it.

I would say it is worth about £20 for curiosity value only. No serious collector would want it.
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:This copy is a "permabound" edition. ie the DJ is imprinted on the book. It cannot be compared to the proper copies with removable dust jackets.
I totally missed that.