It Hodder & Stoughton 1st Edition

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Jay127

It Hodder & Stoughton 1st Edition

Post by Jay127 »

Hello all,

I've come across a first edition of the UK version of It, signed, dated, and inscribed something to the effect of "to john, watch out for those red balloons". I've been looking around and can't find anything online regarding print run, value, etc. Book is in nf condition, dust jacket is fine. I appreciate any insight. Thanks!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: It Hodder & Stoughton 1st Edition

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Condition is everything when pricing. Pictures are needed.
siamon

Post by siamon »

I found 2 copies of Salems Lot on Amazon and one of them is clearly a Book Club Edition and it doesn't have a price BUT there's a version thats taller and also doesn't have a price but doesn't say its a Book Club Edition. Does anyone know what the reason for the difference an size and indication is?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

siamon wrote:I found 2 copies of Salems Lot on Amazon and one of them is clearly a Book Club Edition and it doesn't have a price BUT there's a version thats taller and also doesn't have a price but doesn't say its a Book Club Edition. Does anyone know what the reason for the difference an size and indication is?
The BOMC issued the book in the two different sizes when the publisher (Doubleday in this instance) changed the size.. If the dust jacket doesn't have a price, it's a book club edition.

John