http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/forums/

LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=905
Page 1 of 1

Author:  FineEditionBooks [ Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:23 am ]
Post subject:  LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)

I would greatly appreciate the opinions of, and feedback on, the value of a lettered copy of the above title in very fine condition. Many thanks. M.

Author:  TheCollector [ Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)

Uh, it's been so long since I've seen one for sale I can only hazzard a guess...with less info than I'd like. Let me lay down a few facts for where I'm pullling this number from:

=======================
1) There's one copy currently on abe as part of a set with The Gunslinger being letter "AN" books 2-7 are #633...asking price = $22,500....I'm convinced it's overpriced but it's all I can find.

2) Betts has two numbered sets at roughly $9,000 per set.

3) I've seen a few other listings for numbered gunslingers at around $7,000. I haven't seen them sell at that price but they're out there.
========================

I think the current going rate for a numbered gunslinger is around $4,500 - $6,000 the question is how much more would the lettered go for? Well with fewer collectors being able to afford the super high end books like these I'm going to put a recession price of $7,500 - $9.000 out there.




Of course I invite anyone else to throw out some numbers, it's SO difficult to accurately price books that show up as rarely as these.

Author:  FineEditionBooks [ Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)

TheCollector wrote:
Uh, it's been so long since I've seen one for sale I can only hazzard a guess...with less info than I'd like. Let me lay down a few facts for where I'm pullling this number from:

=======================
1) There's one copy currently on abe as part of a set with The Gunslinger being letter "AN" books 2-7 are #633...asking price = $22,500....I'm convinced it's overpriced but it's all I can find.

2) Betts has two numbered sets at roughly $9,000 per set.

3) I've seen a few other listings for numbered gunslingers at around $7,000. I haven't seen them sell at that price but they're out there.
========================

I think the current going rate for a numbered gunslinger is around $4,500 - $6,000 the question is how much more would the lettered go for? Well with fewer collectors being able to afford the super high end books like these I'm going to put a recession price of $7,500 - $9.000 out there.




Of course I invite anyone else to throw out some numbers, it's SO difficult to accurately price books that show up as rarely as these.



Many thanks for the expert feedback. It is appreciated.
I do believe that you are correct in striking a note of caution by suggesting that pricing
a rare item is very difficult, indeed, and that, consequently, it is best to confine oneself to rough guidelines.
Curse that recession!

Author:  jimimck [ Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)

I'm happy to offer a free storage service for you if required....

Author:  TheCollector [ Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)

FineEditionBooks wrote:

Many thanks for the expert feedback. It is appreciated.
I do believe that you are correct in striking a note of caution by suggesting that pricing
a rare item is very difficult, indeed, and that, consequently, it is best to confine oneself to rough guidelines.
Curse that recession!


I'm curious what you're going to wind up listing it for?

Author:  thegunslinger41 [ Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)

THE COLLECTOR has some valid points. Last year a numbered Gunslinger in VF condition sold for $4150 on ebay on a regualar format Auction...Item had about 8 bids, so I am assuming there were probably 2-3 people bidding on the item. I think this is important because it illustrates the demand for the specific item at the then "current auction price."

Numbered Gunslingers on abebooks or Ebay with fixed pricing of 7k + don't sell...because the market value for this item is lower. Numbered Dt 1-7 priced at 18k or 22k are grossly overpriced and will remain on ebay or abebooks unsold

If you are truely interested in your books market value and related demand, you should price your Lettered Gunslinger on EBAY. Start the auction at $5000 and super-high reserve on the item...lets say $15000 (just to make sure it wont sell in case you really don't want to part with it). Monitor the # of bids and the final auction price. This will give you a better picture of your items true current market value.

:)

Author:  FineEditionBooks [ Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)

jimimck wrote:
I'm happy to offer a free storage service for you if required....


I am always struck by the unselfishness and generosity of the members of this forum, and I shall give your "free storage" offer very serious consideration.
Thank you so much. :D

Author:  FineEditionBooks [ Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: LETTERED "THE GUNSLINGER" (Donald Grant)

thegunslinger41 wrote:
THE COLLECTOR has some valid points. Last year a numbered Gunslinger in VF condition sold for $4150 on ebay on a regualar format Auction...Item had about 8 bids, so I am assuming there were probably 2-3 people bidding on the item. I think this is important because it illustrates the demand for the specific item at the then "current auction price."

Numbered Gunslingers on abebooks or Ebay with fixed pricing of 7k + don't sell...because the market value for this item is lower. Numbered Dt 1-7 priced at 18k or 22k are grossly overpriced and will remain on ebay or abebooks unsold

If you are truely interested in your books market value and related demand, you should price your Lettered Gunslinger on EBAY. Start the auction at $5000 and super-high reserve on the item...lets say $15000 (just to make sure it wont sell in case you really don't want to part with it). Monitor the # of bids and the final auction price. This will give you a better picture of your items true current market value.

:)


Tremendously useful info. Thank you. I have a large number of King items to review, and until that is done I'll not decide on Gunslinger. However, should I put it up for sale, I may package it with the very fine Sphere proof of Gunslinger. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/