Just found a large collection of BCA 2009 books in my shed. Are they worth anything?

Any questions related to limited editions
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Just found a large collection of BCA 2009 books in my shed. Are they worth anything?

Post by TheCollector »

Neat find. I don't follow the later printings but I wouldn't expect them to be worth much individually. but you do have 13 of them. I would check eBay for similar copies to get a sense of the value. If do you decide to sell it would probably make sense to sell them as a set.
sarcasticcrab

Re: Just found a large collection of BCA 2009 books in my shed. Are they worth anything?

Post by sarcasticcrab »

Thank you for the advice! very helpful. Ive looked on ebay and prices seem to vary quite a lot and there are very few of these particular printings.

Misery is listed for £200GBP. How do I know whether it is worth this? Is there a better site to find their value?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I sincerely doubt it.

What I like to do when I'm on eBay is look at the"completed" and "sold" listings (there's a checkbox down in the search criteria filter list). That way you'll be able to see at what prices the books did or did not actually sell for over the last few months.

As we all know, you can ask anything for a book, but that doesn't mean it's actually getting sold at that price. :geek:

Also, you can do a search on abebooks.com for your specific edition (using the advanced search) to get a second set of values. Same thing as above though, just because it's listed a specific price doesn't mean it's selling at that price. https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Search ... ults&sts=t
Amylynn

Post by Amylynn »

Im in Canada and not able
To get any of those :) any chance you’re willing to sell.
thanks PM me
LeifOnMars

Post by LeifOnMars »

TheCollector wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:24 am Neat find. I don't follow the later printings but I wouldn't expect them to be worth much individually. but you do have 13 of them. I would check eBay for similar copies to get a sense of the value. If do you decide to sell it would probably make sense to sell them as a set.
Note that the UK book club editions of DOLORES CLAIBORNE (white dust-jacket) and GERALD'S GAME (black d/w)
are the true first editions, preceding all US and UK releases. They were available at the London BC bookshop off Oxford Street weeks before they went on sale elsewhere.