Eyes Of The Dragon (Philtrum Press)

Any questions related to limited editions
Noxus35

Eyes Of The Dragon (Philtrum Press)

Post by Noxus35 »

Just found one of these limited editions on the internet, the seller's asking $999,95.

Now considering this is one of the limited states but there is just one thing that raises my eyebrow ; it has no number.
It is however signed by King, but just no number in the limitation.

Also a very slight bump to bottom corner of slipcase, otherwise normal edgeware as stated and pictured by the seller.

Now for my question(s) ; is it a rare thing to having no number in the limitation ? And does it increase or decrease it's value on the long run? 🤔

Perhaps the most important thing of all; is it worth $999,95 ?
IMG_20200429_191553.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mulleins

Re: Eyes Of The Dragon (Philtrum Press)

Post by mulleins »

Since the number is missing, this is probably a publishers extra copy. A publisher makes a few extra copies just in case a damaged one is discovered. How many do they make? Not sure, it's up to publishers. But for the most part, probably 10 extra copies at the most.

My opinion, it shouldn't have been released without PC (Publishers Copy) written where a number should have been. Is it worth their asking price, my opinion, no. Maybe at half the asking price.

With that said, I dont mind (and have in my collection) PC copies, but I wont pay street value for one versus one with a number.

Mulleins
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

mulleins wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:14 pm Since the number is missing, this is probably a publishers extra copy. A publisher makes a few extra copies just in case a damaged one is discovered. How many do they make? Not sure, it's up to publishers. But for the most part, probably 10 extra copies at the most.

My opinion, it shouldn't have been released without PC (Publishers Copy) written where a number should have been. Is it worth their asking price, my opinion, no. Maybe at half the asking price.

With that said, I dont mind (and have in my collection) PC copies, but I wont pay street value for one versus one with a number.

Mulleins
Thanks!
I already had a gut feeling that it was a PC copy and this settles it for me then, although SK signature is a very clean one, but it raised some questions that i just needed to ask here.
The bookstore is a very well known and friendly seller but i really doubt they will lower the price for me with this as an argument. 😉

Much appreciated Mulleins . 👍🏻
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Agreed on the PC copy and that it would sell for less. Considering copies can be found fairly regularly in the $800-$900 range in similar condition this would go for less. I think $500 seems pretty low personally I'd think more in the $600-$700 range. but I'm constantly surprised at the discounts that PC copies go for vs their numbered counterparts.

I mean the book IS a limited edition - and is just missing some rando worker writing in a number on the limitation page. Also, it's not like having a a numbered copy of EOTD is going to guarantee you a matching number of a future release from Philtrum Press.

Pricing is all about demand, there used to be more collectors out there for PC editions back in the day, enough to keep the valuations higher. It's odd to me that a few folks haven't stepped in to start collecting these and drive the price up again. I feel they represent a great value (not this copy specifically as it's priced the same as a numbered copy, but in general) and with so few PC copies out there, relative to the numbered copies it wouldn't take many to send the prices up.