D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Any questions related to limited editions
mjr092

Re: D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Post by mjr092 »

Yep, I see. And, someone else also has one for sale with a "doodle" & that is the same one I have on my copy. In any case, it is interesting to know what makes a book valuable to others. I appreciate the input.
T0ber138

Post by T0ber138 »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:I think everyone who sent in their postcard, "won" the lottery. (I did). This book is not yet sold out.
Yup - I was a winner as well. I already picked up the Artist edition so did not take them up on their "bundle" - but since I already bought the AE at the time of publication, they were kind enough to extend me the option of splitting the cost of the S/L only over three monthly charges to the ol credit card when I politely asked.
Tito_Villa

Post by Tito_Villa »

Hey has anyone got their copys yet? Both my sighned limited and AE arrived safe and sound yesterday.

Not sure if i want to open them yet though!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I got my copies back in February. I've opened both, mainly to look at the art.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I opened up the AE copy right away - no remarque or doodle though. C'est la vie
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Well, I finally received my Deluxe and Artist editions today (yeah, rough times and the payments over 3 months helped!). I was really pretty excited for a few minutes....but.. I was looking at the Artist edition, inspecting the edges and noticed something out of whack from the top view. I opened the book and see that one of the pages is TORN and folded over. Well, almost crumpled over. Who knows how it happened since its only the one page in the middle of the book. But shouldn't it be perfect? I should send it back right? What a bummer..
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Send it back. They'll be glad to replace it. Grant Books is a class act.

John
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Thank you, John! That makes me feel better. I sent an email to Karen @ DMG.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Well..DMG has offered to replace the damaged book, however they state they are unable to replace it with the same number. Can someone explain the numbering please? I thought that a publisher's numbering was based on Signed/Numbered, and in this case, Deluxe, copies. So if that is the case, wouldn't my Deluxe copy (which is not damaged) be the key to what number I have? Couldn't the Artist edition, that simply was packaged with a piece of paper with the number on it, be replaced at any time by anyone? I mean there's really no way of keeping track once the shrinkwrap's off and that little slip of paper's floating around right? What if I had 5 copies of the Artist edition out of shrinkwrap and mingled with the 'numbered copy,' wouldn't they all be the same?? If that's the case, I could just buy another one but I don't feel that I should have to. :cry:

They stated to wait on sending back the book until the boss is back in the office to see what we can do. I think their customer service is top notch, and I know that this was truly a fluke, but I'm still a little disappointed. That's my luck though..if something's going to go awry, it's got my name on it.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The Artist's Editions were all numbered on a limitation sheet tipped into the book. The number on the shrinkwrap made it easier for them to ship a given number to the proper customer who requested it without having to open the book. Once the number is used, that's it.

John