D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Any questions related to limited editions
MikeDuke

Re: D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Post by MikeDuke »

"In essence I think this will create two "sets"... An original set with DT-1 being the original 1st edition and a revised set with DT-1 being the revised edition.

The key piece in a complete DT set was always The Gunslinger, for numbers 1-500 this will always mean the original S/L edition. For numbers 501 - 1250 this will become the revised edition (thus I call it the revised DT set)"
Tell me if my logic is right. The only people who can hope to have a revised set are those that have one of the 800 "Drawing" books. Like I said, I have number 957 III so for me it is imposible.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Tell me if my logic is right. The only people who can hope to have a revised set are those that have one of the 800 "Drawing" books. Like I said, I have number 957 III so for me it is imposible.
Yes and no.....

1) Many ebay auctions have people selling "sets" as whatever their matching numbers are; for example a typical ebay title would be Set of DT 4 - 7 . (But the number winds up being 1,150) Now it'll be Revised Gunslinger set (and the number is still 1150....... I don't belive their using the correct terms, and in fact are misrepresenting in the title so more people click on the auction BUT I see that stuff on a regular basis.

2) Other people will fill in the missing DT 2 and/or 3 with PC copies and sell that as a set. For example if I use the same number as above, matching number 1,4,5,6,7 all #1150 and 2,3 are PC editions. Complete set of S/L DT books and the ones that have numbers match.....

But at the end of the day, you're right only copies 501 - 800 can have all the numbers match. Maybe up to 850, I'm a little unclear of the last 50 copies that were not publicly offered for sale were numbered.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

TheCollector wrote:
Yes and no.....

1) Many ebay auctions have people selling "sets" as whatever their matching numbers are; for example a typical ebay title would be Set of DT 4 - 7 . (But the number winds up being 1,150) Now it'll be Revised Gunslinger set (and the number is still 1150....... I don't belive their using the correct terms, and in fact are misrepresenting in the title so more people click on the auction BUT I see that stuff on a regular basis.

2) Other people will fill in the missing DT 2 and/or 3 with PC copies and sell that as a set. For example if I use the same number as above, matching number 1,4,5,6,7 all #1150 and 2,3 are PC editions. Complete set of S/L DT books and the ones that have numbers match.....

But at the end of the day, you're right only copies 501 - 800 can have all the numbers match. Maybe up to 850, I'm a little unclear of the last 50 copies that were not publicly offered for sale were numbered.
I believe, and I may be mistaken, that the extra 50 were the 40 author's and 10 artists edition. Then the lettered (some sources say 35, others 52), and 12 PC copies.
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

That makes sense. I mean, I guess my Author's copy is sort of like a PC. I And at least I have 2-7 of the original S\L. So for me, I would need a PC :shock: or Authors copy :o of The Gun Slinger and then I would have a "pseudo" set. Right, like that would ever happen. I will be happy with what I have.
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

Epic Thread.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

:o Longest Thread ever on these forums - Nice to see folks speaking their minds :o

Too bad the news wasn't better
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

Any thoughts on what this will be worth on the secondary market?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

You mean just the Revised Gunslinger? I'd say anywhere from $450 - $600. Kind of depends on where the market is at once these start hitting ebay.
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

New update:
Welcome to issue #58 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

9 December 2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA
1. PROJECTED SCHEDULE
2. ARTIST EDITION
3. DELUXE EDITION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA

1. PROJECTED SCHEDULE

All web orders received up to last week have been sent confirma- tions.

The box maker has told us that the book binder should be receiving the slipcases for the Artist Edition on December 22.
The box maker will then be closed for two weeks so we will not be getting the tray cases for the Deluxe Edition until the middle of January.

The binder will be numbering, slipcasing and shrink wrapping the Artist Edition and has not yet given us a planned completion date (the books themselves are all finished) but we expect to begin shipping Artist Edition orders the first week of January.

We will begin charging credit cards for orders of the Artist Edition next week so we can prepare to ship orders as soon as we have the completed books.

We will begin charging orders with a Deluxe Edition the first week of January.

2. ARTIST EDITION

All orders for more than one copy of the Artist edition will be filled. Not everyone getting a Deluxe Edition is getting the matching number Artist Edition and we will be able to fill all orders received so far.

3. DELUXE EDITION

At this point we have received orders for about half of the Deluxe Editions. After all orders are shipped in January we will attempt to contact the DARK TOWER 7 owners who have not placed orders and then we will have our Lottery Drawing.

TO ORDER ON-LINE GO TO:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-1-lsoe.html

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to our email newsletter. People wonder why our phone is always busy and it’s not just from people making phone orders.

We will send out another Newsletter when we begin shipping.

Happy Holidays and have a good New Year.

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President
Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

TheCollector wrote:You mean just the Revised Gunslinger? I'd say anywhere from $450 - $600. Kind of depends on where the market is at once these start hitting ebay.
Yah, just the S/L. Although, with a matching # AE, would the AE keep its $100 issue price? For a matched S/L & AE value of $550 - $700?

I ask only because I will have one available when they ship - should anyone who missed out be interested. Of course, I will be checking the AE for remarques, but assuming it dosent have one, I'm looking for about $650 shipped/insured via PayPal.

I'm only selling as I've lined up a PC copy (to match my PC set) that will run me $500. So basically the $500 + $100 and shipping/ paypal fees.

Its still early, but, if anyone wants to secure a copy, let me know.