D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Any questions related to limited editions
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Post by TheCollector »

e_taylor wrote: Yah, just the S/L. Although, with a matching # AE, would the AE keep its $100 issue price? For a matched S/L & AE value of $550 - $700?
If the numbers matched I think it would definitely keep it's value perhaps a little bit higher.
MrLevity

Post by MrLevity »

3. DELUXE EDITION

At this point we have received orders for about half of the Deluxe Editions. After all orders are shipped in January we will attempt to contact the DARK TOWER 7 owners who have not placed orders and then we will have our Lottery Drawing.
This is interesting, maybe us 1251 - 1500 owners may have a better chance of getting a book.

I say dont contact the DT7 owners :twisted:
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

MrLevity wrote:
3. DELUXE EDITION

At this point we have received orders for about half of the Deluxe Editions. After all orders are shipped in January we will attempt to contact the DARK TOWER 7 owners who have not placed orders and then we will have our Lottery Drawing.
This is interesting, maybe us 1251 - 1500 owners may have a better chance of getting a book.

I was thinking of that as well. I mean some sets are in stores and listed on eBay. I would think that would open the door for the people with high numbers to maybe get one.
MrLevity

Post by MrLevity »

MikeDuke wrote:
MrLevity wrote:
3. DELUXE EDITION

I was thinking of that as well. I mean some sets are in stores and listed on eBay. I would think that would open the door for the people with high numbers to maybe get one.
Another thought..... why contact the owners who havent ordered again, surely they have had the same emails as everyone else. To me this sounds a bit like 'oh crap!, we have not sold as many as we originally thought'

Just my two English pence worth.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

MrLevity wrote:
Another thought..... why contact the owners who havent ordered again, surely they have had the same emails as everyone else. To me this sounds a bit like 'oh crap!, we have not sold as many as we originally thought'

Just my two English pence worth.
I disagree, clearly Grant would have no problem selling out if they opened this up to everyone. Its more so the right way to do business. Call it customer loyalty if you'd like. They've always had that system for the Dark Tower books - owners of the previous volume get first rights of refusal.

As for why they may not have been ordered? - email addresses change, people move, some old timers may not even have the internet and have always relied on Grant to contact them when its time to order.
MrLevity

Post by MrLevity »

Fair point!, your right im sure these would sell out in an instant if these were open to everybody but im very surprised that only half of the books have been ordered by the first 1250.

Im probably trying to convince myself that i might get a book out of the postcard lottery :)
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

For those interested, I have listed my copy for pre-sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0282075234
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I'm a little surprised as well. Especially considering the book being offered, it's not like this is (for example) SOCv2... They did not have this problem with DT-7 a couple years ago so I'm wondering how many of the books are not being ordered due to the economy
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

There was no way I was missing this one. That is why I bought 3-7. I was hoping that would give me the ability to get this one. But I am sure that the economy is somewhat to blame. And there are also some sets that are probably in stores and on eBay so those will not be ordered.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

MikeDuke wrote:There was no way I was missing this one. That is why I bought 3-7. I was hoping that would give me the ability to get this one. But I am sure that the economy is somewhat to blame. And there are also some sets that are probably in stores and on eBay so those will not be ordered.
If those stores we're smart they'd order them though!