Credit where it's due- damaged UTD SL from S&S

Any questions related to limited editions
kieron

Credit where it's due- damaged UTD SL from S&S

Post by kieron »

Hi all,

I was pretty grumpy about the whole no-sales outside the US thing with the Under the Dome limited from Simon & Schuster, so you can imagine I was really ready to throw my toys out of the pram when I finally worked out a way to get one (thru a friend in the states) and it arrived with a ripped band.
Hat's off, though, my friend mailed S&S last Friday to complain and an immaculate new band arrived rolled in a tube today. Can't really ask for more. Now I can buy those two US trade firsts for the collection without having to swallow bile.
jhanic

Re: Credit where it's due- damaged UTD SL from S&S

Post by jhanic »

A similar event occured with one of the regulars over at TDT.com. She also got a new band. (Hers was actually torn INSIDE the shrinkwrap!)

John
kieron

Re: Credit where it's due- damaged UTD SL from S&S

Post by kieron »

Mine was under shrinkwrap too, John, I asked my American friend to open it and check after hearing some of the stories on this site and elsewhere. Apparently someone had even tried to glue the band together somehow (fortunately without damaging the jacket). You can imagine I was pretty scandalised, but as I say, fair play to them. They sorted out the problem quickly and efficiently.