WHISPERS limited edition

Any questions related to limited editions
ur2ndbiggestfan

WHISPERS limited edition

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

What's a fair price to pay for the WHISPERS August 1982 limited 250 copy hardback edition signed by King and (I forget who else signed it! [is it Shiff?]).

Also, was there a lettered or other state of this besides the regular magazine and the 250 copy numbered edition?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: WHISPERS limited edition

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I paid $125 for my Whispers 1/250 (Aug 2007). Yes there is a lettered edition also. The only difference is the signature page. I have both.

TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Is that a slightly different cloth color - or is that just the camera? The back one looks like a deeper shade of blue.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

The numbered one I was looking at is priced at over twice what you paid, so maybe I'll back off from that in the hope I find a cheaper one. Dumb question, but I'm assuming you also have the slipcases for those?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

TheCollector wrote:Is that a slightly different cloth color - or is that just the camera? The back one looks like a deeper shade of blue.
Yes Thomas, there is a (slight) color difference. The back one is the numbered and the front one is the lettered.

You have to watch what you buy as I have seen several for sale with fading on the spine.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:The numbered one I was looking at is priced at over twice what you paid, so maybe I'll back off from that in the hope I find a cheaper one. Dumb question, but I'm assuming you also have the slipcases for those?
Not a dumb question... they were not issued with a slipcase. Just like Dolan's Cadillac, any with a slipcase were specially made.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
TheCollector wrote:Is that a slightly different cloth color - or is that just the camera? The back one looks like a deeper shade of blue.
You have to watch what you buy as I have seen several for sale with fading on the spine.
This is very, very true. All these Whispers hardcovers are very suseptible to fading. This diminishes the value considerably.

John