The Eyes of the Dragon limited edition

Any questions related to limited editions
LokiJake

The Eyes of the Dragon limited edition

Post by LokiJake »

My collection is around The Dark Tower but am considering adding The Eye of the Dragon in a small action with a Black House. My question is with 1000 issued and me wanting to keep everything under #500 when I can't find a #51, is a #378 in perfect condition priced correctly at a little over $1100?

Unlike Dark Tower there aren't many on the market so not sure if this was fair price. With no intentions of ever selling, I don't mind paying but don't want to be gouged and just don't know on this one.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: The Eyes of the Dragon limited edition

Post by TheCollector »

$1,100 is on the high end, but not out of the range completely. If it was the exact number you were looking for I'd say go for it, but since you're just trying to settle for anything under $500 I'd wait until you see a F/NF copy under $1,000.

Betts recently sold copy #488 for $750, (F/F). He's also got copy #454 up for $850 although there is a little wear to the slipcase. There are a couple nice copies on ebay under $1,000 - currently the numbers are over #500, but there's not really a premium for under vs over #500 for EOTD so as long as you're willing to wait a little while I'm confident you'll find something closer to the normal $800-$1,000 range.
LokiJake

Re: The Eyes of the Dragon limited edition

Post by LokiJake »

updating the Thank you as I waited and was just able to acquire in Fine condition #36 for $900 which I'm happy with. Thanks for having this site as it really helped a new collector like me put everything together with confidence and saved me some $ at the same time!