CD Artist Edition Doubleday years.

Any questions related to limited editions
BrianJamesFreeman

Re: CD Artist Edition Doubleday years.

Post by BrianJamesFreeman »

Here's the official update for Lettered Artist Edition of CARRIE:

The Lettered Artist Edition books are nearly finished at the hand-binder and we’re extremely pleased with how they’ve turned out. This edition features a “three piece” binding of leather and Japanese book cloth, hand-made spine hubs, hand-gilded page edges, and other fine touches to make the edition truly special.

Now that the books are nearly done, the traycase maker is preparing the prototype for the traycase. We’ve never made a traycase exactly like this before, and each one will be sized by hand to fit the book. We think our collectors will be very pleased with the final presentation.

Since the process of making the cases will take at least a few months, we thought you might like to see two quick photos of the first Lettered Artist Edition book the binder sent us for our approval:

Brian
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

So ah, Brian my ol' pal, ol' buddy.... How does one get on a list that may enable him to purchase a PC copy of the lettered if there was one left over.......?

;)

(looks brilliant BTW)
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

That is a beautiful book Brian, nice job.
AstroDad

Post by AstroDad »

millertek wrote:My opinion regarding the CD Doubleday years set -

Well, this is an opportunity for a newer (and serious) SK collector to begin investing in limited editions and maintaining a new relationship with CD and other publishers. For example - when I started collecting SK and made the decision to invest and reserve limited printings several years ago - I found an opening about the time CD released From a Buick 8 and Grant issued some of the Artist Editions of the Dark Tower series. I reserved and bought the gift editions at first, and then moved to reserving the signed Traycased editions once I was able to reserve a specific number and commit to buying those printings. You see those first Artist Editions were affordable and it was comfortable enough for me to begin - then I was able to consider the high-end signed SK limited later on. These doubleday releases by CD are perfect for an SK collector ready to take that step into advanced collecting - as the important part of the Doubleday set -

You want to reserve the same number to get the entire set. That is where the value of such a commitment and investment would make sense.
I loved reading this post as it fits me to a T. I am finally to a point in my financial life that I have some room to splurge here and there and decided to start collecting King. My initial goal was to eventually have a 1st edition of every title of his, but discovered the world of limited editions and amreally enjoying hunting for those.

I barely got in in time to order an Artist Edition of Carrie and have pre-ordered the AE of Salem's Lot as well with intentions of getting all 6 with matching numbers, which brings me to a question. I had assumed they kept track of which customer had which number and would automatically match them up for me as we go, but is this not the case? Do I need to do something further to insure I get the same number as I did for Carrie?

Received Carrie on Monday of this week and absolutely love it. My first traycased book! My only problem is my overwhelming desire to read it lol.
BrianJamesFreeman

AstroDad wrote:I had assumed they kept track of which customer had which number and would automatically match them up for me as we go, but is this not the case? Do I need to do something further to insure I get the same number as I did for Carrie?
For this series, we are tracking the numbers by customer order, but we'll also email everyone who orders 'Salem's Lot to double-check and make sure our records are correct before we ship that one.

Brian
AstroDad

Post by AstroDad »

BrianJamesFreeman wrote:
AstroDad wrote:I had assumed they kept track of which customer had which number and would automatically match them up for me as we go, but is this not the case? Do I need to do something further to insure I get the same number as I did for Carrie?
For this series, we are tracking the numbers by customer order, but we'll also email everyone who orders 'Salem's Lot to double-check and make sure our records are correct before we ship that one.

Brian
Perfect. Thanks for the quick response Brian!
BrianJamesFreeman

We're very pleased to announce that 'SALEM'S LOT, the second book in the Stephen King Doubleday Years Set, is now in production and has been formally listed for preorder on our website:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king10

Best,
Brian
Ga Outlaw

Post by Ga Outlaw »

I plan to buy Salem's Lot hopefuly Friday. I got Carrie with a remarq and would like to do the same here but money is an issue. how long till you take orders for the remarq?
BrianJamesFreeman

Ga Outlaw wrote:I plan to buy Salem's Lot hopefuly Friday. I got Carrie with a remarq and would like to do the same here but money is an issue. how long till you take orders for the remarq?
We'll probably wait at least a couple of weeks, so we can get all of the orders processed first. It could be even longer depending on the workload at the office.

Brian
BrianJamesFreeman

A quick update on 'Salem's Lot for those who might be interested:

The Gift Edition crossed the 50% sold out point this morning, much faster than Carrie did.
The Numbered Artist Edition is 90% sold out.
The Lettered Artist Edition is 100% sold out.

For those who missed the announcement, here is our product page for information:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king10

Brian