New Site request

Tell me what you would like to see on the forums!
jhanic

Re: New Site request

Post by jhanic »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:I'm not sure putting King proofs on the site will be that beneficial.
There are only a couple of dozen serious King proof collectors in the world, and they all have the info to hand from elsewhere.

As far as pricing them... forget it. No 2 collectors agree with each other, and ebay has a huge fluctuation in prices. The first ones on ebay sell for hundreds of dollars, and 6 months later they are worth under $100. I know, that's when I buy them :)

I just don't think it would be woprth all the effort.
Sorry, Mr. RT, I don't agree. I get lots of questions regarding King proofs from lots of different people--not just hard-core collectors like us, but more casual collectors too. Many have never even seen a proof and become interested. It's an aspect of King collecting that needs to be more visible.

As for the pricing, you're right. At least, most of the time. There are some proofs, however, once they show up at or just before publication, seldom if ever show up again. The best example of this is, of course, the US proof of Cell. I doubt there have been more than a small few ever offered. Another example are the "Manuscript" proofs of Blaze. I myself am still missing one of them. I've never ever seen it on eBay or any of the other book sale sites. How much are those worth? Who knows?

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Bounce0320 wrote:This may be trivial, but more than half of the time I read the forums on my phone. Would it be an easy fix to change the sort options (ascending vs descending order for example) to be at the Top of each page rather than at the bottom? It takes alot of scrolling on a small cell screen to get to the bottom to change the settings (which I've also found aren't saved). It would be much easier, for me at least, to have the Newest post at the top of the page...and I have to switch the ascending/descending to do that.

Thanks!

Hi Bounce,

Ah well the forum you see is based of a premade template, it's not something I can change. However if you go into your user control panel under:

BOARD PREFERENCES
EDIT DISPLAY OPTIONS

You'll see where you can change the acending/decending options permanently for you - but you have to be logged in for the preferences to take effect.

I hope that helps, if that didn't answer the question let me know.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

That does help thank you.
It is
I have a comment about the proofs as well. I have proofs of Gerald's Game and Needful Things. I don't see many of the latter come up..either for sale or just with info..so I have no idea of the rarity or worth of it. Also, the Needful Things proof seems to be misbound...there are several pages which are repeated twice (so there is Three copies of a section). Is this commen or does it make it a more valuable item?

Thanks again!

Anet
needfulthings

Post by needfulthings »

SORRY Bounce0320 UNLIKE COINS AND STAMPS MISPRINTED AND MISBOUND BOOKS ARE TRASH AND NOT WORTH THE PAPER THEY ARE PRINTED ON.I JUST HOPE YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM WHO EVER YOU BOUGHT IT FROM.A REPUTABLE DEALER WOULD NEVER HAVE SOLD THIS BOOK.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I agree, bounce0320. There are a few collectors out there who collect misbound books, etc., but they are few and far between. I'd suggest putting it out on eBay and see what it brings. I wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't draw any bids, though.

John
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Good to know thanks again!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Bounce0320 wrote: I have proofs of Gerald's Game and Needful Things. I don't see many of the latter come up..either for sale or just with info..so I have no idea of the rarity or worth of it.
There are 16 Needful Things proofs on ABE right now with prices starting from $32

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Searc ... &x=48&y=11