New historical eBay price graphs!

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

New historical eBay price graphs!

Post by TheCollector »

Hey Guys,

I wanted to put up a forum thread for any questions/comments you had about the new feature. FAQ page is here
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/misc/chartfaq.html

BTW, my newsletter provider is having some sort of a glitch. It's been sent, twice in fact, but I don't know when people will actually get it.
shnnrc01

Re: New historical eBay price graphs!

Post by shnnrc01 »

its a really great idea tomas,well done. i know i've been trying a poor version on paper at home! this will make life a lot easier.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Very, very helpful, Tomas!

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thank you, if there's something additional you'd like to see in the graph please ask about it here. There are some technical limitations, but if it's possible, and enough people request it - i'll put it in.
divemaster

Post by divemaster »

Hi. Great tool. Beats my labor-intensive spreadsheet any day!

My question is does the data collecting tool just grab from auctions, or all eBay sales? The example you used shows 2 instances of the Talisman being sold within the last 6 months, but I bought a copy from an eBay seller from his "store" and paid quite a bit less.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

To clarify it's not two instances it's that there was at least one sale, possibly more in September and February...You can't currently see the # sold in the month just average price from auctions with bids and buy-it-now.

I''m not 100% sure about storefronts. It basically pulls data in the same was as if you did a search. I don't think I see storefronts on the search in the same way... What month did you buy the book in? If it's one that shows zero sales then we can safely say that it doesn't cover store front purchases.

I can tell you that (as an example) February's average price of $620 was based on two sales, one at $715 and one at $526.

jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Awesome new feature Tomas. Will certainly come in handy!
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

Tomas,

I don't see the graphs for the Dark Tower books. Did you not include them?

Eric
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ELazansky wrote:Tomas,

Eric
Hey Eric,

Hopefully you're not clicking on an old link somewhere (or have it bookmarked) In order to do graphs on the DT books I had to create individual pages for each DT volume (like all the other books) instead of the group page.

if you go the the Buy US Limiteds page the links take you to the new pages, for example the gunslinger
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/buy ... 1-buy.html

i just checked them so let me know if you're not seeing the same thing.
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

TheCollector wrote:
ELazansky wrote:Tomas,

Eric
Hey Eric,

Hopefully you're not clicking on an old link somewhere (or have it bookmarked) In order to do graphs on the DT books I had to create individual pages for each DT volume (like all the other books) instead of the group page.

if you go the the Buy US Limiteds page the links take you to the new pages, for example the gunslinger
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/buy ... 1-buy.html

i just checked them so let me know if you're not seeing the same thing.

Tomas,

Hmmm...this is the link in the page I'm viewing - http://stephenkingcollector.com/buy-usl ... 7-buy.html

The RED button for US Limiteds at the top of the page goes to my link while the side menu takes me to yours. I was just clicking on the wrong place.

Eric