Dark Tower query

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
da666shooker

Dark Tower query

Post by da666shooker »

Hi

I have a paperback Dark Tower, volume 2 with 'First Publication' printed on the front cover and I also have 'First Publication' paperback of The Gunslinger. Both Illustrated.

Can someone tell what is meant by 'first publication'

On the back cover of 'the drawing of the three' there is also 00699 typed near the ISBN number, what does this number refer to?

...i found these books and just wondering if there is any value to them.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Dark Tower query

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

These are the first paperback publications.

The first publications of all the Dark Tower books were hardbacks published by Grant Books.
jhanic

Re: Dark Tower query

Post by jhanic »

They probably mean that these were the first publications of the trade paperbacks. No idea on what the 00699 means. Was it actually typed on the cover or is it printed on there?

If you look on the copyright page (the back of the title page) there should be some indication of the printing number via a number line. It should look something like 1234567890 or 192837465. The lowest number other than zero indicates the printing. (1234567890 means it's a first printing.)

They probably have a value of about $10 each, if both are in very good or better condition and are first printings.

John