King misc. items

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
ur2ndbiggestfan

King misc. items

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Here are some pics of King bookmarks, buttons, etc. associated with his books as they came out. Most of you probably have these too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: King misc. items

Here's the back of THE STAND flyer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Very nice! I have a few of those, but not even close to what you have!

John
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

Great stuff! The only thing in my collection that I also see in your pictures is the Wizard & Glass chapbook... but I don't really collect the small, quirky stuff like flyers, buttons, bookmarks etcetera. I stick with the books themselves, promo booklets (I got my UK Under The Dome promo booklet today!), proofs/ARCs... and that's it. But I love seeing them as part of someone else's collection!
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

In cleaning out a drawer I ran across a pile of old Grant brochures. This is the set asked about in another thread. (I do have a second set in a different bookcase turned the "normal" way...)

I kinda miss getting those in the mailbox.
Royalecheese

Post by Royalecheese »

Lurker wrote:In cleaning out a drawer I ran across a pile of old Grant brochures. This is the set asked about in another thread. (I do have a second set in a different bookcase turned the "normal" way...)

I kinda miss getting those in the mailbox.
I feel the same way. I remember getting them from Grant, Betts, Ziesing, Overlook.... just to name a few. There was real anticipation receiving one in the mail and wondering what you would find inside. I was never a mgazine reader where Grant and others advertised so most info on limited books I got was found in their mailers. Who would have thought I could have nostalgia for pre-internet days of snail mail for payments, wondering if they got your order, debating the $5.00+ for a long distance call to check on an order, etc?
ur2ndbiggestfan

I totally agree. I long for "the good old days" before the evil Internet and the even more sinister cell phones were around! (Yes, I am a hypocrite and I know it!)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

That's neat. I was only a toddler when that gunslinger ad came out! I've never seen it before.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Uh yes, I was a little baby too! But advanced for my age! I probably have all the Grant flyers for the King books he did. Can post them if you want.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Uh yes, I was a little baby too! But advanced for my age! I probably have all the Grant flyers for the King books he did. Can post them if you want.
Go for it!