Slipcase prices going up & availablity

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Slipcase prices going up & availablity

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

Good news the 11/22/63 cases that have been out of stock for 6 months have finally arrived (well half of them, the other half are arriving Monday), along with Wastelands cases that were almost out of stock but I'll be able to avoid listing them as OOS now.

However the bill for the traycases specifically was significantly higher than last time. After talking it thru with the bindery it's simply a result of the raw materials and labor going up...inflation - which seems to be running rampant everywhere right now. It's great for the value of your existing SK collection but bad for just about everything else.

Pricing
I don't like to spring unannounced increases on people, so I'm posting it here, and I'll make a mention in the newsletter and link back to this post.

1) Traycase pricing increasing to from $58.95 to $65 starting April 2nd.
2) JOYLAND pricing increasing to $42.95 effective immediately
The company that originally made the JOYLAND cases went out of business last year. The same company making the LATER cases has taken it over, using the same design but the cost to me for Joyland is now the same as LATER
3) Anyone with pre-existing orders for JOYLAND will be filled at the old price, once the cases come in.
4) All other slipcases are staying the same price for now, but may go up if costs go up later this year, with little notice.

Materials & availability
I mentioned this in last months newsletter, but thought it would be good to put here as well. At times, supply shortages have caused long delays for specific materials, everything from glue to select outer wrapping materials. It may not be possible to keep using the exact same materials from 10 or 15 years ago when a case first started production. If that happens we'll look to find an as close to identical material to swap with. If nothing close enough is available we'll retire the case (like we did with Under the Dome).

So far nothing is in danger of being retired, but we have been having longer than expected waits for cases due to materials just not arriving on time and some material substitutions are likely to be forthcoming.
mulleins

Re: Slipcase prices going up & availablity

Post by mulleins »

I think the 11/22/63 case is outstanding. Your design is a masterpiece.

Highly recommend this case to all King collectors.

Mulleins
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

100% agree. The 11/22/63 case is simply fantastic.
mulleins wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:04 pm I think the 11/22/63 case is outstanding. Your design is a masterpiece.

Highly recommend this case to all King collectors.

Mulleins
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks guys, I appreciate that.

In case anyone is wondering why I'm waiting until April 2nd on the 11/22/63 price increase - it's because a number of people have wanted this case and have just been holding out on ordering it because it's on backorder for so long. Others have gone ahead and placed their orders even though the case is on backorder and are just patiently waiting for delivery.

It seems wrong to punish those that would have ordered already at the old price if the case were in stock. So I'm keeping the price the same until just after the next newsletter goes out, and emailing those that have reached out recently about whether to order or wait. That should give anyone who's been on the fence enough time to make a decision and order at the old price if they've wanted one.
OneFathom

Post by OneFathom »

Thanks for the update, Tomas. Just ordered a '63.

Colin
pjdavis

Post by pjdavis »

The 11/22/63 case is one of my favorites. Thanks for allowing me to order another at the lower price.