Showcase your SK collectibles!

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by TheCollector »

I'm missing quite a bit actually, limited budget just like (almost) everyone lol. A few that are popping into my head would be

- S/L Firestarter
- S/L The Stand
- S/L Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three, Wastelands
- S/L Cujo
- S/L Delores Claiborne
- 1st ed Night Shift
- 1st ed Rage
A few 1st editions that I'd like to have in better condition.

Interestingly enough I've had about half of these at one time or another, but wound up selling them to fund other King purcahses lol !
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

TrueNorth wrote:
racerx45 wrote:Making head way on my 1st/1st collection

Really close now to having all the hardbacks, then on to softbacks and upgrades on a few of the hardbacks.

If you're like me it's the early editions that were last to acquire........so expensive!!
I had paid anywhere from $1.00 to $1000.00 for my first/firsts. I bought a lot junk, paid too much but now feel I have a handle on what to look for. Websites like 'The Collector' were a big help (thanks to Tomas).

I still can't drive past a used bookstore, Sally Ann or Thrift Store and I check websites pretty much daily.
It was just this spring I got the last SK first trade copy I was missing (The Shining).
What are you missing?
I am not missing much. I have the last two DD books on the way from Betts (Night Shift and the Shinning) and the others I need are The Bachman Books, The Green Mile (hard Cover), and The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (revised and expanded). Once I have these I’ll start on the paper back 1st/1st (Rage, The Long Walk, etc.)
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

Sorry Tomas, I meant I have all King's first Trade Editons not all the S/L Editions. Personally these mean more to me than most S/L, except Salem's Lot & The Stand. These two rock!!

My only 1st that needs replacing is Night Shift, its a little scruffy.

As far as S/L I want to add these.... Firestarter and DT Volume I, II & III #228.

Racerx45 I do have a Gunsligner (Revised and Expanded) and a HB The Green Mile for sale. Tough when shipping from Canada is $30. PM me if interested.
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

A few odds and ends I picked up recently

TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Neat, what's in the chapbook with the hand/eyes? I haven't seen that before.
downs1418

Post by downs1418 »

racerx45 wrote:
TrueNorth wrote:
racerx45 wrote:Making head way on my 1st/1st collection

Really close now to having all the hardbacks, then on to softbacks and upgrades on a few of the hardbacks.

If you're like me it's the early editions that were last to acquire........so expensive!!
I had paid anywhere from $1.00 to $1000.00 for my first/firsts. I bought a lot junk, paid too much but now feel I have a handle on what to look for. Websites like 'The Collector' were a big help (thanks to Tomas).

I still can't drive past a used bookstore, Sally Ann or Thrift Store and I check websites pretty much daily.
It was just this spring I got the last SK first trade copy I was missing (The Shining).
What are you missing?
This last post got me thinking about all of the thrift store, used book and Goodwill finds over the past year. Its neat (and heartbreaking) to see what people get rid of or just throw away. What are some of everyone's greatest finds over the years? Pics would be great too.
downs1418

Post by downs1418 »

The latest editions. All found at estate sales and Goodwill for $2 a piece.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

downs1418 wrote:The latest editions. All found at estate sales and Goodwill for $2 a piece.
Nice, can't complain about the price
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

TheCollector wrote:Neat, what's in the chapbook with the hand/eyes? I haven't seen that before.
Here are a few more photos. I don't know much about it the sell included it with a few other items I bought and I did not know I was getting it until I opened the box.

racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

:o
Just in from Betts ….
:ugeek:

The Shining and Night Shift fill missing spots in my collection and the other two are upgrades