Where are you in Under the Dome

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.

Where are you in Under the Dome

NOT STARTED
31%
Pages 1-100
No votes
Pages 100-250
13%
Pages 250-500
6%
Pages 500-750
6%
Pages 750-1,072
13%
FINISHED
31%

Total votes: 16

biomieg

Re: Where are you in Under the Dome

Post by biomieg »

The more pictures of books, the better :) There's two copies of Just After Sunset in there (hardcover and paperback). Are you going to read them both?
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

QUOTE - "Are you going to read them both?"

No, just the hardcover and then the blurbs on the paperback. I refuse to read the book synopsises on the flaps before I read a book, as I also refuse to watch movie trailers or read the reviews before seeing a movie. What fun is there if you already know what will happen? That is why I want to know as little about UTD's plot as possible before I read it. Not an easy task in todays way too much information world!
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:QUOTE - "Are you going to read them both?"

No, just the hardcover and then the blurbs on the paperback. I refuse to read the book synopsises on the flaps before I read a book, as I also refuse to watch movie trailers or read the reviews before seeing a movie. What fun is there if you already know what will happen? That is why I want to know as little about UTD's plot as possible before I read it. Not an easy task in todays way too much information world!
I totally agree with you. Although it sometimes happens that I inadvertedly see (part of) a trailer for a movie I'd never heard about. In that case I'll watch the first ten seconds or so, enough to get an idea of whether or not I'm going to like it. But I hate spoilers and they seem to pop up everywhere nowadays...
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

Oh and I wanted to share a little anecdote with you :D I see the 'Songs of the Dying Earth' anthology on your reading shelf. I haven't read it but recently I bought some Michael Crichton 1st/1sts from a guy who turned out to be the author of a specific story in that book. Upon his request, I sent him the Dutch translation of the anthology. Nothing spectacular but I thought it was a cool coincidence :D
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Awsome pics, thanks for sharing! If this isn't the right place then what is lol
ur2ndbiggestfan

Ok, you didn't ask for it, but here's my Jack Vance collection, although a little blurry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Oh yeah, I have a few Vance paperbacks too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

I love it! Didn't you mention (here or over at Palaver) that you collect about 10 different authors? Well...... now I'm getting very curious about the rest of your bookshelves :D