Shipping services

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
downs1418

Shipping services

Post by downs1418 »

For those of you who have been selling for several years, when you are shipping a highly valuable book, which shipping service do you? I have been using Media Mail through USPS and haven't had any complaints. I would prefer to stay with USPS. I have only sold trade editions up until now, but now, I have a book in fine condition that is a limited edition (non-Stephen King) that I don't want to take any chances on. Any advice would be appreciated.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Shipping services

Post by TheCollector »

I almost always use insured USPS, I've even had to file insurance claims occasionaly and have always been promptly paid out.

I will occasionally use UPS when it makes more sense, but often it's more expensive and I've had friends file (non-book) claims in the past and they've had nothing but problems. But have had no first hand experiences filing claims with them.

I find insurance is only good if the company pays out. The fact that USPS has paid out 2 separate claims for me means i actually trust that paying the extra cash for insured mail is worth it.