Signqture authenticity

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Signqture authenticity

Post by TheCollector »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
amd013 wrote:Thank John and RT.

I wasn't aware that some of them where unnumbered. Can you give more details on this? Are these extra copies not part of the 900 Arabic numbered or 200 roman numbered copies. Or did they just not number some of these? What is the value difference between numbered and unnumbered?

It just says it is one of 1100 numbered copies.
Every publisher, of every limited edition book, prints several more to cover damages/losses etc. Usually this is around 50 copies, but it could be a lot more. You just have to believe what the publisher tells you.
Sometimes these copies stay blank, other times they're filled in as PC or something similar it just depends on the publisher and book. If the publisher has released info on the overrun copies, then I've listed them on the corresponding info page - but it's not always provided.
amd013

Post by amd013 »

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and asked for a picture of the limitation page, and it turned out to be a roman numeraled version. (LVII). So I went ahead and bought it for $900. Its one of the few purchases that was less then the listed value on this site.

To date it is the second largest purchase for me of a SK book. (Pre-ordered the Lettered edition of 'Salem's Lot).

Thanks again,
Mike
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

amd013 wrote:Thanks everyone. I went ahead and asked for a picture of the limitation page, and it turned out to be a roman numeraled version. (LVII). So I went ahead and bought it for $900. Its one of the few purchases that was less then the listed value on this site.

To date it is the second largest purchase for me of a SK book. (Pre-ordered the Lettered edition of 'Salem's Lot).

Thanks again,
Mike
Congratulations Mike, that's a good buy!