Stephen King: ‘Stephenie Meyer Can’t Write Worth A Darn’

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
Trashcan Man

Stephen King: ‘Stephenie Meyer Can’t Write Worth A Darn’

Post by Trashcan Man »

You may have seen this. Stephen King doesn't appear to be a Meyer fan:

http://blog.veryfinebooks.com/2009/02/0 ... th-a-darn/
Randall Flagg

Re: Stephen King: ‘Stephenie Meyer Can’t Write Worth A Darn’

Post by Randall Flagg »

That is awesome. Good for him for saying so. "Supernatural Romance" is lame. Meyer's fan base is goth-ed out boy band lovers.

Go Steve!
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

It's 4:20 PM, February 12th, 2009, and Stephanie Meyer still sucks!

Vampires crumble to dust in the sunlight - they don't "sparkle". They also crave human blood, they are not vegans.

You suck Meyer.
miserywilkes

Post by miserywilkes »

A vegan Vampire!!!
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

I give King credit for standing up against garbage that the stupid masses likes. But if you want to go by "reality" vampires do not crumble in the sun. Stoker's Dracula is the most realistic. Vampires can go in the sun, they are just weaker in the sunlight as it is not their true life style. They do not go "insane" and cannot handle being around humans because of the smell of blood. If you think about it, when you are hungry, do you go into a frenzy and start eating everything you see in front of you? Sorry, but it is idiotic.

To me, whether it is novels or movies I look at it this way. If vampires, aliens, monsters, etc were real, and the creator or writer made it realistic, then that alone makes it "real" or lifelike. Could you imagine if the movie "Alien" was real? And the way it was created seemed very real!

As for Meyer, I do get the story. The love story anyway. But.....she eventually has over 30 protagonists and not one, NOT ONE, ever dies in her 4 books. Basically nothing ever happens in any of her books. A couple insignificant antagonists die that do not change the story at all. Glistening like diamonds in the sun is absolutely absurd. And something that is dead, like a vampire, breeding with something alive is even more ludicrous.