COLLECTOR FORUMS... Ask questions - Get Answers
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 1214
Location: West Coast
I had a new newsletter crop into my inbox. Put in "July15" for 15% off thru July 14th....Not as good as the 25% but better then a poke in the eye.

_________________
Thanks much,




The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 pm
Posts: 16
The "July15" code isn't working.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 1214
Location: West Coast
Twice wrote:
The "July15" code isn't working.


It's the 15th today, code expired yesterday.

_________________
Thanks much,




The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 pm
Posts: 16
TheCollector wrote:
Twice wrote:
The "July15" code isn't working.


It's the 15th today, code expired yesterday.

I bought them on the 12th. It's alright though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 pm
Posts: 35
I bought mine through the link I listed above and after it had gone through on my Visa, I received an e-mail from Brodart telling me I should have ordered through the Canadian version of the site. They ended up charging me extra for the package and extra to ship. But I've received it already and started wrapping my books.

Does anyone tape the top edge once it's been folded over onto the paper on the inside?

Also, I've noticed most of my dust jackets don't want to sit snug into the bottom edge of the Brodart sleeve. They've been wrapped around the books so long that they don't want to lay flat in order to drop all the way in, and I don't really want to flatten them out too much for fear of damaging them. Advice?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 1214
Location: West Coast
systemcrashoverride wrote:
I bought mine through the link I listed above and after it had gone through on my Visa, I received an e-mail from Brodart telling me I should have ordered through the Canadian version of the site. They ended up charging me extra for the package and extra to ship. But I've received it already and started wrapping my books.

Does anyone tape the top edge once it's been folded over onto the paper on the inside?

Also, I've noticed most of my dust jackets don't want to sit snug into the bottom edge of the Brodart sleeve. They've been wrapped around the books so long that they don't want to lay flat in order to drop all the way in, and I don't really want to flatten them out too much for fear of damaging them. Advice?


Yes I always tape the open edge (which is the bottom for me) that insures the DJ stays very snugly in the brodart. If I wind up getting a book with brodart cover that isn't snug, or I mess up badly I just get a new one and re-do it.

_________________
Thanks much,




The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 pm
Posts: 35
Any reason you put the open end on the bottom? I would have thought the joined end would be stronger, and that it should be the end to get more shelf wear. I'll snug mine up and tape the flaps down. The Brodart seems to hide imperfections in the dust jackets as well, everything about them looks nicer once they're wrapped once you get used to the slight sheen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 1214
Location: West Coast
systemcrashoverride wrote:
Any reason you put the open end on the bottom? I would have thought the joined end would be stronger, and that it should be the end to get more shelf wear. I'll snug mine up and tape the flaps down. The Brodart seems to hide imperfections in the dust jackets as well, everything about them looks nicer once they're wrapped once you get used to the slight sheen.


No real reason, I just feel like I can see what I'm doing better when I shove the jacket up and then tape closest to me, I suppose I could just flip the DJ upside down and get the same result.

Your way actually makes more sense as you explained it. ;)

_________________
Thanks much,




The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brodart advice
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:54 pm
Posts: 58
Decided to be cheep. I went to amazon & ordered a 5 yard x 9" roll. With shipping it cost just over $8.00. I got it today. I was worried 9" would be to small, but there was just enough left to make a crease. I was able to cover 7 books including my trade edition of The Dark Man. I was worried with TDM so much smaller that it would be much more difficult to get it right, but it was by far the easiest.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits