The Shining - Limited Edition

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
ajw2910

The Shining - Limited Edition

Post by ajw2910 »

Sub Press just announced a S/L edition of The Shining!

Announcing The Shining by Stephen King-Signed Limited Edition
We're pleased to announce the Signed Limited Edition of Stephen King's seminal novel, The Shining. Read on for a short rundown on the project.

The luxurious hardcovers will be published in three formats and will feature over 40 illustrations by acclaimed artist Dagmara Matuszak. The signed editions will be signed by Stephen and the artist.
• Signed Limited Edition of 750 numbered copies, housed in a custom traycase: $450
• Signed Lettered Edition of 52 copies, specially bound, housed in a custom traycase: $2,500
• Gift Edition of 1500 unsigned copies, cloth bound, housed in a custom slipcase: $95
Preorders for this offering will begin in January 2013. News regarding preorders will be sent first from our their newsletter, Notes from the Underground. Anyone interested should sign up on the main page of our site.
If you have further questions, please contact us at subpress@gmail.com

Can't wait for this one!!
jimimck

Re: The Shining - Limited Edition

Post by jimimck »

People have been wanting a special edition of The Shing for a long time! Awesome.

Shame it won't be including Before the Play and After the Play though...
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I was curious as to the differences between the different editions, and asked what, if any, there may be (outside the obvious). This was the reply I received:

"The content in all three will be the same. The lettered will feature a different binding, and a Remarque by the artist."

I had specifically asked if there would be different cover art, but as you can see, there is no confirmation or otherwise.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I think that it may be similar to the Sub Press editions of "The Green Mile". They did not have cover art, but were made of diferent materials. The lettered version had a piece of original art in the traycase. The prices are also similar.
thl

Post by thl »

...aaaaand the web site is collapsing right now. it started al 12.00 (painfully slow) and now it seems to be down :D
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

So I got my order completed at 9:38 order # 8527

Would you guys post your time and order #? I'm kind of curious
a) How fast the book is selling out
b) whether there's any risk of the shopping cart accepting orders even after the alloted pre-order is spoken for.

I'm sure I wasn't the first order completed, so if someone's in the 9,000 order number with a limited edition that might be iffy.

==============

UPDATE

Had a fellow collector email me. His order was processed about 10 minutes after mine and was about 30 above mine. If I extrapolate that should be a minimum 4 hours before it sells out (not that I expect that order volume to sustain itself for 4 hours). Just trying to figure out how fast the orders are being handled.
jonp

Post by jonp »

my order no is 8595 at 17.54 GMT (12.54 EST)
Jon
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

I was order #8723 at 1:07 EST.

Tony
resrvordog

Post by resrvordog »

Order 8778 at 10:09 PST
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

resrvordog wrote:Order 8778 at 10:09 PST
Hmm looks like the shopping cart started processing faster, you're about 250 orders above me. Maybe it will sell out sooner!

Anyone with a lower number then 8527?