Look for an 11/22/63 annoucement Monday

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jimimck

Re: Look for an 11/22/63 annoucement Monday

Post by jimimck »

Thanks Tomas. Yes I have one of your Salems Lot cases (came with the book I purchased via eBay). I don't have the prints to go in it though, so hadn't thought of that when I saw this.

This does look so cool, I really want one. Just having trouble convincing myself my $16 first edition deserves it lol
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I can totally understand that. Of course if you pick up a signed 1st or a S/L down the road you might kick yourself a bit.

While I'm not limiting production per se - with two other companies doing cases for this book I'm not confident enough demand is going to be there to keep these available on an ongoing basis.

I went into this case project assuming some cases orders would get siphoned off by the months in advance pre-orders that the other folks put out there, and based on orders so far I was pretty right. (Although it was kind of nice seeing some posts from tdt.org members wishing they had held off for my case :) )
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Yeah while the CD ones are nice, they are very similar to the others they have done (UTD, WTTK etc). Your one is very unique.

You know what, I think maybe I will grab one, with an intent to pick up a signed edition in the future. I'm not a flatsigned collector (or much of a S/L collector for that matter), but this just may be the inspiration I need to add a nice flatsigned to my collection. I did love this story, so what the hell right....
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I saw your order come in, thanks James! This is totally going to class up your regular 1st edition even if you don't "upgrade" down the road.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Curse you Tomas. I've just negotiated (I think) to buy a flatsigned first edition to go in this new case.

I'm not even a flatsigned collector, but couldn't let a standard 1st edition live in this awesome case :)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jimimck wrote:Curse you Tomas. I've just negotiated (I think) to buy a flatsigned first edition to go in this new case.

I'm not even a flatsigned collector, but couldn't let a standard 1st edition live in this awesome case :)
EEEEXCELLENT (in my best Mr Burns Voice) :twisted:
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Hi Tomas,
Any update of the shipping schedule of the tray case? All set to go later this month?

Cheers
James
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

All set to go, I expect they'll start shipping out the week of the 27th if not a little sooner!
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Sweet
My signed edition is getting shipped today, so looks like everything is coming together nicely.

(insert Thomas' "excellent" impersonation)
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Woo hoo, my signed edition arrived ysterday!

Now if only there was some cool case I could store it in. Oh wait, yeah there is!