25th anniversary edition of IT - Limited ed from CD

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

25th anniversary edition of IT - Limited ed from CD

Post by TheCollector »

Hey Everyone,

Cemetery Dance is releasing a 25th anniversary limited edition of IT. In the standard three states. Publication date says 2011. Three illustrators and over 1,000 pages. http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06

I think you need to hurry to get a limited edition, but the gift edition should be around for a while no rush on that.

• Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 2,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and embossed endpapers ($125)

• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 750 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in leather with two color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker and different embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($475)

• Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a custom deluxe box, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($2,000)

------------------

The special features exclusive to this Collector's Edition are:
- brand new afterword by Stephen King detailing why he wrote the book
- deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
- epic wrap-around full color cover artwork by Glen Orbik
- nearly thirty pieces of color and black & white interior artwork by Alan M. Clark and Erin Wells
- interior color artwork will be printed on a high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book
- high-quality embossed endpapers and fine bindings for all three editions
- full-color signature sheets with exclusive color artwork in the signed editions
- a page count so high it pushes the limits of our printer — easily our largest book ever!
ajw2910

Re: 25th anniversary edition of IT - Limited ed from CD

Post by ajw2910 »

I picked up a S/L. Kind of pricey, but I think they are already sold out.

Tony
ShannonsMovies

Post by ShannonsMovies »

Ridiculous! I get to work, see the announcement, try to register on the site, it's blocked ... DAMN GOVERNMENT COMPUTERS! ... And now ... after I had my friend register and try to buy one for me ... I find out they are all sold out except for the gift edition? GRRRRRRRR!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! So sad. :(
ShannonsMovies

Post by ShannonsMovies »

Per Mindy from Cemetery Dance:

"HI there... we had to take the limited and lettered off the site. Until we get the back end fixed, we have no idea how many of each have sold. It's a bit of a mess. We'll post on the site when we figure it out... Sorry...
~MINDY"
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ShannonsMovies wrote:Ridiculous! I get to work, see the announcement, try to register on the site, it's blocked ... DAMN GOVERNMENT COMPUTERS! ... And now ... after I had my friend register and try to buy one for me ... I find out they are all sold out except for the gift edition? GRRRRRRRR!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! So sad. :(
That sucks.

I know how small the ordering window can be on these. I received a notification at 8:13am I think I actually happened to check my inbox around 8:25 or so and as soon as I could get the page to load I sent out a twitter link (which auto generates a facebook post). That would have been maybe 8:35ish

Site updates, forum and newsletter were then up before 9am. If I wasn't at my PC this morning the site updates and newsletter could have been a lot longer. FB and Twitter notices I can send right from my phone.

You know the interesting thing is that apparently CD made reference to a big announcement on May 23rd - but with all the sales newsletters and grab bag emails they send out, I just sort of glaze over unless I see SK mentioned specifically.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Seems like they would know there would be high traffic today so guess I lucked out. Got a gift and S/L and confirmation e-mail right off the bat. Was happy they will match the number with FDNS (which also matches my SODs). Now, I just need to find the matching S/L of FAB8.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Everyone, relax! CD has had major problems with their ordering page and has taken down the buttons for the limited and lettered editions until they get the problems straightened out. The lettered edition may be sold out, but the numbered edition is not. I was told they'll send out notice when they get their problems fixed.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Well, I hope you're right John. I rushed home from work at lunch because I thought Brian said the announcement would be between 10 and 11 AM Eastern time. I was waiting from 10:40 to 11:00 AM and nothing! No e-mail, nothing on CD's site. So I get back to work late and when I get home only the Gift Edition is still available.

I wouldn't be so irked if the announcement was given at the time stated. But as far as I can tell it was not. And I would have bought all 3 states. I did order a Gift edition.

I could be wrong about the scheduled time of the announcement though. If so, it was my error. But I REALLY wanted all 3 states!

I just re-read my e-mails and I received the IT announcement at 3:17PM! A little too late to order the limited states. I must be way down on the list at CD.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Steve, the latest announcement went out regarding the limited a couple hours ago. Here's the link:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06

Brian said the lettered were gone in about an hour, if I remember correctly.

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Reading the description of this edition, I can't tell if there is any difference (content wise) in the gift/numbered/lettered editions?

ie are all illustrations included in all editions?
Is it just the difference in materials used (and of course signature etc) that makes them different?

Cheers