The Wind Through the Keyhole

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jhanic

Re: The Wind Through the Keyhole

Post by jhanic »

Scribner has announced publication of The Wind Through the Keyhole "on or around" April 3, 2012. 336 pages. $26.

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Wind- ... 1451658903

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks for the heads up John! I copied the info up on FB as well.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Grant has announced that their publication of Wind Through the Keyhole will be February, 2012.

No details on price, etc. yet.

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Hey guys, can you clear something up for me?

This latest newsletter mentions Grant will be creating a slipcase for Scribners Trade edition of WTTK, to match the three slipcases they did fo rthe DT series so far.

Why aren't Grant doing a trade edition themselves? If I take DT7 as an example, did they not do the trade edition, the artist edition, and then the S/L?

I know Grant will be issuing a Gift edition (which I assume will be an artist edition? is there a difference?), and so is it likely this will come with a slipcase?

I'm just a bit confused as to who is doing what and why.

Cheers
James
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Taking The Dark Tower VII, Grant did an Artist's Edition and the signed limited, but produced the trade edition with Scribner. Grant has not announced that they are doing an Artist's Edition of Wind Through the Keyhole, but I expect that they will. It will probably be issued with a slipcase, but there have been no details yet.

Both Grant and Cemetery Dance have announced that they are producing slipcases for the Scribner trade edition. It would not surprise me if Overlook Connection will also produce one. Personally, I don't see buying a slipcase for a $26 book, but that's just me.

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Thanks John, I didn't realise the trade edition was done jointly, as so was a bit confused thinking it was just Grant.

Normally I'd agree re the slipcase for a cheap trade edition, but if you already had the Grant slipcases for your DT Grant set (talking the 1st editions here, not S/L), I can see why people would be keen to match a set.

I don't have any slipcases for my DT set though, so probably won't end up with either the CD or Grant one.

Thanks again
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Scribner is King's official publishing house for all US trade editions. The fact that DMG annouced a "joint" project with Scribner was unsual but I think it's wasn't realy that joint...Scribner produced the trade edition, grant produced the limited & artist editions as is usual.

If you think about it, DMG realy can't produce a trade edition for King as they're not setup to do a print run and distribution of 1,000,000+ books at once you need a corporation for that.

Grant is perfect to put the love and dedication into a small run of a few hundred or a few thousand books with excellent eye for details. That's why it's handled by two companies.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Someone posted Grant's e-mail address for sending in the confirmation of your numbered LSOE. I can not find that post. Could someone pease direct me to it or re-post. I think it was Tomas that originally posted it.

I have tried useing their website but have had no luck.

Thank You
Bob
jhanic

Post by jhanic »