The Wind Through the Keyhole

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
Bob M

Re: The Wind Through the Keyhole

Post by Bob M »

Has anyone tried to register their book lately? Either there is something wrong with the link on DMGs end or I am completely computer illiterate.

Here is to hoping it is the prior.

By the way, found out it is LSOE.

Bob
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Almost undoubtedly of Little Sisters.

John
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I just reread the email newsletter from Grant and the first rights go to owners of Little Sisters #1-800.

John
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

I was just on Betts Books website. There are two LSOE (below 800) for sale. $650 each kinda steep I think. But just letting you all know.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

Does anyone know if DMG can/is able to help collectors with broken sets contact the original owners to see if any deals can be struck to reunite those sets? Some publishers keep good sale records and are willing, while others not so much.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Grant has/had a list but I don't think they actualy provided contact info to anyone. I think your best bet is to check out the tdt.org thread for that subject where people are listing the numbers they want or have

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/sho ... ific-S-L-s
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

Thanks for the tip, Tomas. I examined that thread over on tdt.org, but no one referenced the number of LSoE that I purchased through Grant via the lottery (#657).

More bad news. I just noticed that there were only 500 copies produced of The Gunslinger, so trying to reunite this particular set is academic. Still, it might be worth pursuing for books II thru VII. What do you think?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

fleggett wrote:Thanks for the tip, Tomas. I examined that thread over on tdt.org, but no one referenced the number of LSoE that I purchased through Grant via the lottery (#657).

More bad news. I just noticed that there were only 500 copies produced of The Gunslinger, so trying to reunite this particular set is academic. Still, it might be worth pursuing for books II thru VII. What do you think?
That's what a lot of people do. Then they insert either a different# or a signed 1st edition, etc. Of course it's not going to command the same kind of price as a fully matched set.
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

TheCollector wrote:That's what a lot of people do. Then they insert either a different# or a signed 1st edition, etc. Of course it's not going to command the same kind of price as a fully matched set.
That's sort of what I ended up doing. Back when I did not know any better I bought a signed copy of DTII. It turned out to be an Authors copy(inscribed as ell). Then again, before I knew much more I jumped on a set of III-VII that were number 957. So it is imposible for me to get a matching set. But I also have a first ed and a number 957 LSOE, so my set is not that bad. So now my DT set is as follows. First ed Gunslinger,
Signed Limited Authors copy of Drawing of the Three and matching numbers III-VII and matching LSOE. I dob't think it's that bad of set.
Last edited by MikeDuke on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Sounds good to me! I really haven't tried to get a matching set at all.

John